nineteen

nineteen - promposals

The excitement for Prom was finally here. The school had just announced a date, and now that's what every student was talking about.

Steve couldn't resist bringing up the subject of promposals. "So, guys, how are you planning to ask your dates to prom?"

The question was met with thoughtful expressions and mischievous grins.

"Easy, going with a simple bouquet of flowers and a note." Clint says.

Kate chuckled, "Dude that's so boring."

Bucky laughed, "No, it's Classic, I like it."

Steve considered for a moment, "I was thinking of doing something simple but still good, like leaving a trail of roses leading to a sign that says, "Will You Go To Prom With Me?"

Kate playfully rolled her eyes, "You're such a romantic, Steve."

Suddenly the girl thought of a great idea. Kate's eyes sparkled with mischief as an idea began to form. "Hey guys, I've got an idea, How about we turn this into a little friendly competition?"

The boys exchanged curious glances, intrigued by Kate's suggestion.

"A competition? I'm listening," Clint said, leaning in.

Kate grinned, "Each of you comes up with your best promposal idea. And then we'll do it in front of everyone. We'll see who's promposal gets the best reaction."

Bucky leaned back, a smirk playing on his lips. "Alright, let the games begin."

Over the next few days, the boys threw themselves into brainstorming and planning their promposals. They gathered supplies, practiced their moves, and honed their strategies. The excitement in the air was palpable, and the girls couldn't wait to see what the boys would come up with.

One day the girls and Peter headed to class together.

"Can you believe prom is just around the corner?" Natasha exclaimed.

Wanda grinned, "I know, right? It feels like just yesterday we were starting high school."

"So Steve tells me that  Kate came up with a promposal competition." The redhead chuckles.

Yelena whips her head towards her sister, "Wait, what?" She asks.

"Yea apparently, she's planning something extravagant." Wanda smiled, mischievously.

Yelena wanted to roll her eyes. Of course Kate Bishop would do that.

Peter, who had been listening intently, couldn't help but complain. "Man, I wish I could go, but you know, junior."

After a moment of contemplation, Wanda turned to Peter with a warm smile. "You know what, Peter? Since you're a junior and technically can't ask anyone, how about you go with me?"

Wanda's invitation caught Peter completely off guard. He stammered, his words stumbling over one another. "I, uh, I mean, wow, that's, uh, really nice of you, Wanda. I didn't, um, expect this at all."

Yelena and Natasha tried to contain their laughter as they watched the stuttering boy.

Wanda chuckled at Peter's flustered response. "Well, it will be fun! So is that a yes or..."

Peter managed to gather himself, a shy smile forming on his face. "Y-yeah, it, uh, sounds like it'll be a lot of fun. Th-thanks, Wanda. I, um, I'd be happy to go with you."

They continued on to class, Peter still a bit flustered but also excited for the upcoming prom.

___