eight

eight - thanksgiving distractions

"So who's getting Kate for Thanksgiving this year?" Clint asked, getting his friends attention.

The group sat in Natasha's living room while they were studying. Yelena was also there doing her homework on the nearby dining table. She was waiting for Kate to get out of basketball practice.

Wanda sighed, "Well she's not aloud at my house after her and Pietro wrestled in our living room and broke our tv."

Yelena furrowed her eyebrows, "Why is Kate spending Thanksgiving with one of you guys?"

"Ever since Kate's dad died her mother stopped celebrating holidays." Bucky told the girl. "So every holiday she spends with one of us."

Yelena's heart broke after hearing those words. Her girlfriend didn't even tell her that she didn't spend the holiday with her family.

"Yea Easter, Thanksgiving, Presidents' day." Clint exclaimed.

Natasha gave Clint a weird look, "Nobody celebrates Presidents' day."

"I do."

"Well I cant take Kate because i'm going out of town." Steve explains.

"Kate could spend Thanksgiving here." Yelena told the group. Wanda smirked slightly which went unnoticed by everyone.

Natasha looked at her sister. "Doesn't dad hate Kate or something?"

Yelena tried to come up with a reasoning to let her girlfriend come over.

"She can be May's distraction!"

Every year Peter and his Aunt May spend Thanksgiving with them. May is such a great person, but her cooking is awful. They always try to distract her from getting into the kitchen. And they never succeed.

"Well I guess Kate does talk a lot, that is a good distraction." Natasha said while thinking. "Okay we'll take Kate."

___

Yelena and her parents are in the kitchen talking. She and her mother, Melina are in the process of preparing the food while Natasha was setting up the dining table. As the girl cuts up some carrots she listens to her father complain about Kate.

Alexei stood there in disbelief. "That girl is trouble. Why is she coming here? And you're barley telling me now?"

"Her mother doesn't celebrate holidays anymore so Kate was going to be alone. Tasha and I thought we should invite her to be nice." She tells her father. And she didn't want her girlfriend to spend the holidays alone, but of course she didn't tell them that.

"Well it is nice of you girls to invite her. Elenor Bishop is something else." Melina scoffs.

The doorbell rings. Yelena looks at her father and give him a look. "Don't lecture her please." She then walks to the front of her house to open the door. The rest of the family stayed in the kitchen.

Kate stood nervously outside the front door with her hands in her pockets. After she rang the door bell she heard faint footsteps on the other side of the door.

The blonde opens the door to see her girlfriend nervously waiting outside.

Kate smiles, "Hi blondie."

"Hi Kate Bishop."

"So, you gonna keep me waiting out here?" Kate jokes.