fifteen

fifteen - feelings, part one

TW : mention of abuse will be in this chapter.

"I'm glad we had a chance to hangout." Kate says walking side by side with Bucky. He looked at the girl and smiled, "Yea me too."

The two of them had decided to hangout without the group, since they hadn't done hung out in a long time. They decided to eat at their local diner. As they settled in their booth, they were greeted with the friendly staff. Once their order got taken they continued to talk.

"So Natasha finally apologized huh." Bucky says.

"Yea she did." Kate took a sip of her drink and sighed. "But honestly I'm still upset about what she said, I don't know maybe i'm overreacting."

The boy slightly scoffed. "Kate you have every right to be mad at her. Honestly that was very fucked up. I would be upset too." He told the girl.

"Yea well i'm just glad her and Yelena are talking again. And at least are group can go back to normal. I missed talking to you and the guys." She said.

"You know you could have still talked to us, right? I mean just because you and Natasha stopped didn't mean we all had to." He replied.

"Yea I know but things would have just been awkward." She explained.

The two of them stayed in a comfortable silence. After a few minutes their food came. They ate and chatted for a bit longer and just enjoyed each others presence. Occasionally Kate would make a joke which caused Bucky to almost spit out his food from laughing too hard.

"Hey uhh how did you know you liked girls?" Bucky asks out of the blue.

Kate raised an eyebrow, "Oh uhh the same way you did, I guess." She waited a beat, "Why do you ask?"

The boy stayed quiet, not sure on how to answer. "Well," He paused. "I think i'm bisexual. Well actually I know I am." He said quietly.

Kate was a little shocked by what he just said. "Oh yea? That's great Buck, thanks for telling me." She smiled. "Have you told anyone else?" She asked.

He quickly nodded his head no. "No, you're the first." He anxiously played with the hem of his sweater. Kate noticed the boy and quickly tried cheer him up.

"Well at least I finally have another queer friend. It sucks being surrounded by straight people all day." She said trying to lighten up the mood.

Bucky looked up at the girl and softly laughed. He then playfully kicked the girl underneath the booth. Kate kicked him back. They both giggled and continued to tease each other.

___

Later that day Kate sat in her living room. A movie played in the background as she continued to text Yelena how her day went. She was so distracted she didn't even notice her mother walk through the front door and enter the room.

Kate chuckled at something her girlfriend had sent her, which caused Eleanor to stare at her daughter. "What's got you laughing?" She asks.

The girl was quickly startled by her mother's voice, not hearing her enter the room. She looked back from her spot on the couch and looked at her mother. She ignored the woman and went back to texting Yelena.

Eleanor rolled her eyes. She walked over to the the nearby empty seat and sat down. "Still giving me silent treatment I see. I don't know why I asked, I know you're texting that girl." She said.

Kate looked up from her phone. "What do you want?" She asks harshly.

Eleanor raised her eyebrows at her daughter's harsh tone. "Don't use that tone with me Kate, I am your mother." She replied.