twenty three

twenty three - last day memories

The school corridors buzzed with the energy of the last day, and Yelena, accompanied by her sister Natasha, walked through the familiar halls. The morning sunlight streamed through the windows, casting a warm glow on lockers adorned with farewell notes and decorations from the graduating seniors.

Yelena glanced at Natasha, her older sister, as they continued walking down the halls. "So, how are you feeling about the last day?"

Natasha's eyes sparkled with nostalgia. "It's bittersweet, you know? High school definitely has been something, but I'm looking forward to the next chapter."

Yelena smirked. "And by 'next chapter,' you mean following Steve to California, right?"

Natasha chuckled. "Yup, I'm not letting my boyfriend roam the California beaches without me. Maybe we'll even have sex on the beach, who knows."

Yelena raised an eyebrow, "Gross. Kate definitely won't be visiting you guys."

"Yes she will, I'll be seeing her more often than you will, sestra."

Yelena rolled her eyes at her sister. "Yeah, rub it in."

Natasha, curious, turned to Yelena. "By the way, how did you manage to convince Mom and Dad to let you stay in California for the whole summer?"

Yelena grinned mischievously. "Well, you can thank Kate for that. She has a way with words, and Mom and Dad couldn't resist."

Natasha arched an eyebrow. "Kate? Really? I'm impressed. What did she say?"

Yelena chuckled. "Oh, the usual. Something about making unforgettable memories and the importance of spending quality time. You know, the classic guilt trip mixed with her charm."

Natasha laughed, "Yea that sounds like Kate."

As Yelena and Natasha continued down the corridor, discussing the upcoming California trip, the blonde suddenly felt a pair of arms wrap around her. Before they could react, Kate's voice rang out, "Hi, baby. Gotta go!"

Kate planted a quick kiss on Yelena's cheek and darted away, a playful smile on her face. Bucky, Clint, and Steve followed, hurrying after her.

Natasha and Yelena exchanged puzzled glances. "What was that about?" Natasha wondered aloud.

Wanda, who had overheard their conversation, approached with a mischievous grin. "You two need to come check this out."

Wanda led Natasha and Yelena through the bustling corridors until they reached the principal's office. As they entered, their eyes widened at the sight before them. Every surface, from the walls to the desk and even the ceiling, had been painted a vibrant shade of purple.

Yelena couldn't help but burst into laughter. "This is... impressive."

Natasha smirked, shaking her head. "Kate and the boys really went all out, didn't they?"

Wanda nodded, an amused glint in her eyes. "Yea, Mr. Fury is gonna be so pissed."

The vibrant purple in Principal Fury's office quickly attracted a growing crowd of students, curious about the commotion. As the trio stepped out, a hushed murmur spread through the gathering.

Mr. Fury, the principal, emerged from the crowd with a look of irritation on his face. His eyes widened as he took in the transformed office, his usual stern expression momentarily replaced by sheer disbelief.

"What in the world..." he muttered, his voice a mixture of surprise and exasperation.

The students exchanged amused glances, stifling laughter as they awaited the principal's reaction. Mr. Fury scanned the painted walls, his gaze eventually settling on the trio standing near the doorway.