ten

ten - most wonderful time of the year

On Christmas morning Kate and her mother walked down the streets of New York. Christmas markets were open around the whole city. Everything was decorated with colorful lights and beautiful decorations. The two women had just had breakfast, now Elenor was dragging her daughter around the city.

"Okay we're here. This is your present!" Elenor told her daughter excitedly. They were standing in front of a large building. Kate looked up and suddenly had a confused look on her face. "You bought me a building?" She questioned.

Eleanor chuckled at her daughter, "No Kate, this is your new apartment!" Kate whipped her head towards her her mother, "Wait, Seriously?!"

"Yes, come on let's go check it out." She told her daughter. The two women walked inside the building and was met with a young door man. He greeted the two woman with a smile. Once they got to Kate's apartment door she stood in front of it and looked over at her mother for approval.

"Go on, open it."

Kate opens the door and walks inside, her mother trailing right behind her. Kate stared in awe, the place was perfect for her. As you walk in the living room was to the right, it had a huge window to view the beautiful city. And to the left was a kitchen. The cabinets were painted a dark blue and had marble counters.

Kate walked up the spiral stair case that led to another room. She realized that the whole second level was one giant room. She quickly went back down stairs to her mother.

"Mom this is amazing." Kate said as she walked around and inspected the place some more.

Elenor smiled, "I know. Isn't this perfect? We can move you in during the summer before you start Columbia."

"Well we don't know if I got in yet." Kate replied looking at Eleanor.

Elenor chuckled, "Kate honey once they see your last name they are going to accept you."

The girl didn't even know if she wanted to go to Columbia. She doesn't want to leave Yelena behind. She appreciated her mother's gift but she wasn't sure if she wanted to move to New York. But it was Christmas so she don't even want to start that conversation.

Elenor looked down at her watched and gasped, "C'mon Kate we have to go shopping for tonight, we need to get you a dress!"

Kate rolled her eyes. Two things the girl hated, shopping and dresses.

___

All of Westview woke up to find several feet of snow on Christmas morning. Yelena and her family sat in their living room as they opened presents. The sisters sat side by side near the fireplace as they tore open the gifts. Wrapping paper and bows were thrown around as they continued to open more presents.

The family spent the afternoon having fun in the snow. The sisters started a snowball fight which resulted in their father getting smacked in the face by a giant snowball.

"Hey no headshots!" Alexei yelled as he wiped snow from his face. The two girls laughed at their father.

"Girls! Be nice to your father!" Melina scolded. After that their mother no longer aloud them to play, so they returned to the fire in their living room to warm up.

As the day continued the family spent more time together enjoying the wonderful holiday. Yelena was thankful her sister didn't try to bring up what happened the other day. She just wanted to have a normal day with her family before the big secret was revealed. Every day the blonde got more and more anxious and she and Kate continued to hide their relationship from everyone.

It was now past eight o'clock, Yelena sat on her bed as she face-timed her girlfriend. It was almost twelve in New York so the girls wanted to open their presents they got each other before Christmas was over. The blonde chuckled as she watched Kate aggressively tear the wrapping paper to reveal her present.

Once the girl tore all of the wrapping paper off the gift, she saw that it was some sort of Scrapbook. She opened the first page and saw a picture of her friend group. She smiled at the picture, she remembered the day perfectly. The picture was taken right after the boys had won the football championship, Wanda and Natasha had on their cheer uniforms while Kate had her shirt off, only wearing a sports bra as blue paint covered her body. Kate continued to look at all the photos that were placed in the book. She even came across a few of her and Yelena over the past couple of months.

"How did you get all of these?" Kate asks as she looked up at her phone.

"I asked Wanda if she could send me pictures of you guys. I thought it would be nice to have a scrapbook of high school memories. I even left some pages blank so you could add some more." The blonde told her girlfriend.

Kate smiled as she placed the scrapbook on her lap, "Thank you baby, I love it. Okay now your turn!"

Yelena places her laptop up more properly so Kate could get a better view. She started to unwrap the first gift Kate had gave her. As she unwrapped it, she noticed it was a Little Women. A smile rose to her lips as she looked through the book, she saw that Kate had annotated everything.

"I knew that was your favorite book and I've never read it so I thought I could annotate it and write my thoughts." Kate said on the other side of the screen.

The blonde grinned happily, "Kate this is the best gift ever, I love it!"

"Open the other one!" Kate replied.

Yelena grabbed the second present, which was a little bit smaller. As she unwrapped the purple wrapping paper a little black box was shown. She took the top off and gasped. The girl looked down at the silver heart shaped necklace and took it out of the box. She lifted in up and noticed a small diamond incrusted in the middle.

"Turn it around." Kate told the girl. The girl looked at the other side of the heart shaped pendent.

you are always in my heart - kate

Yelena's eyes softened as she read it. "I love it so much! Kate this must have cost a fortune."

Kate rolls her eyes playfully, "Don't worry about it, it was worth it."

The two girls continued to talk as the night went on. The blonde mentioned the whole Natasha situation to her girlfriend, they decided that they would tell the family soon. Since several people now know about them.

"Wait you just ditched the party? Kate your mom is gonna be so mad." Yelena chuckles.

"She probably hasn't even noticed i'm gone." Kate replied.

"Did she get you any presents?" Yelena asks.

"Uh yea she kind of..got me an apartment." Kate replied unsure if she should bring up the topic. Her and Yelena haven't talked about Kate leaving for college in a few months.

"An apartment? Like to live in?!" Yelena asked jokingly.

"Yea that's what you usually do in one of those." Kate replied. The blonde thought her girlfriend was joking at the response but then realized she was being serious. Sometimes Kate did act like a dumb jock.

"Wow that's..great, do you like it?" Yelena hesitated to ask.

"It's nice, i'm just not sure if I want to go to New York. Let's talk about something else, what did your parents get you?" Kate asked her girlfriend trying to change the subject.

Yelena continued to tell Kate how her Christmas went. But she couldn't stop thinking about Kate leaving to New York.

____
so what did you guys think of this chapter? i will say kate and yelena's secret will be revealed very soon! what do you guys expect everyone's reactions to be like? also is there anything you all would like to see in the fic? please give me some ideas! i am open to anything :)