xxxvi. the marketplace

╭ ─┉───── • ─────┉─ ╮

xxxvi.

the marketplace

╰ ─┉───── • ─────┉─ ╯

•••

"How much further," Omega complained as they walked to the marketplace.

"Not much," Rex said. "Only about two more clicks."

Omega groaned, already tired from the journey thus far.

As they continued walking from the ship to the marketplace, they saw the streets become more and more crowded. Usually, Ord Mantell wasn't a crowded place, but this proved them wrong.

When they got there, they noticed how crowded it was. It was nothing like anywhere else on Ord Mantell. It was packed. Almost as if it was the heart of the planet. Maybe because this was the only place on the planet that still had life. Hunter almost immediately saw where the buyers tables were, grabbed Echo's arm, and started walking towards them.

"Stay close to here," Hunter told the squad. "Me and Echo will be back soon."

"What are you guys going to do?" Gregor asked.

"He's going to sell me," Echo replied, shooting a glare at Hunter.

"What? We need the credits, especially after whatever stunt you pulled to make us get less credits from Cid."

"It wasn't me," Echo insisted. "I swear."

"Okay, sure. But we still need the money. Now, come on," Hunter continued, dragging Echo to the buyers tables. They went to one that looked the least run down, but all of them were so it barely made a difference. Hunter thought that maybe if the buyer's stand was nicer than the rest, he may have more money, and therefore, they could get more out of the deal.

"How can I help you?" the buyer asked.

"Well, I was wondering if I could sell this droid today?" Hunter asked.

"Sure," the buyer said, looking at Echo. "How about two thousand credits?" the buyer asked.

"Let me check with him," Hunter told the buyer. He grabbed the upper part of Echo's arm, and pulled him aside, just far enough so the seller couldn't hear what they were talking about.

"So?" Hunter asked Echo.

"What the fuck do you think I'm going to say?" Echo replied.

"That you're worth more than two thousand?"

"If you're so set on selling me, then yes. At least get your money's worth."

Hunter nodded, then turned around, and went back to the buyers table.

"Six thousand," Hunter said in a demanding voice.

"Four," the buyer negotiated.

"Five," Hunter negotiated back.

"Deal," the buyer said, holding his hand out for Hunter to shake it. Hunter shook his hand, and handed Echo over to the buyer.

"You must be desperate for droids if you made a deal that quickly," Hunter said.

"We have a low supply at the moment," the seller responded, giving Hunter the five thousand.

"That makes sense. Well, have a good day, sir," Hunter said, smirking a little, knowing that Echo would manage to escape in probably five minutes.