xxx. the aurora medical facility

╭ ─┉───── • ─────┉─ ╮

xxx.

the aurora medical facility

╰ ─┉───── • ─────┉─ ╯

for the sake of the story kix is alive and well okay

dislaimer: i'm not a medical professional, so i'm sorry if some descriptions are off. 

•••

"Tech!" Omega yelled louder, rushing towards him. She knelt beside him, trying to shake him awake.

"Tech, come on, wake up. Wake up Tech!"

Echo walked over towards Tech, and knelt down on the opposite side of him. Even though he already knew that Tech was dead, he needed to confirm it. Echo gently picked up Tech's arm and put two fingers to his wrist, seeing if he had a pulse. When he removed his fingers from Tech's wrist, he looked confused, puzzled. The rest of the group looked at him, trying to figure out what was going on.

"What is it, Echo?" Omega asked.

"We need to get him to a medical facility," Echo replied urgently.

"Echo, he's dead," Hunter said.

"Why would a dead person have a pulse?"

"He's alive?" Omega asked.

"What did I just say?"

"How long does he have?" Rex asked Echo.

"A couple hours, maybe less."

"Cid is there anything you know of that we can do?"

"Depends. What's in it for me?"

"For god's sake this isn't about money! It's life or death!"

Cid sighed. "On Obroa-Skai there's an imperial medical facility where he can be treated quickly. It's called The Aurora Medical Facility. It isn't far. Land on the outskirts near the medical facility You could probably get there within the hour. I have a contact there, another clone-"

"You know another clone?"

"Yes, tragic, I know. His CT number is CT-6116."

"CT-6116... Kix?!"

"I don't know his name."

"Don't play with me, Cid."

"I'm serious, I don't know his name."

"Why the actual fuck is Kix working for the empire?!"

"He isn't. Well, he is, but not in the traditional sense. Whenever a clone gets injured, and gets sent there, he removes their inhibitor chip and lets them leave, and records them dead. He's decreased the empire's clone forces significantly. I'll contact him now, and tell him you'll be there in an hour," Cid said.

"What about Tech?" Gregor asked. "How are we going to get him to the ship?"

"People have been dying left and right on the streets lately. Just carry him or something. No one will ask questions," she responded. She then walked away, going into her office, presumably going to contact Kix.

"We can't waste any more time," Hunter said, trying to think of a plan on the spot.

"What do you suggest we do then?" Echo asked.

Hunter shrugged his shoulders. "We can't all be seen together. We need to split up."

"That's always the worst plan!" Gregor yelled.