Chapter 4

Jade tensed up as her laptop pinged through her headphones, letting her know that she had another notification. Glancing down to her taskbar she groaned, sure enough there was the chatroom icon blinking. She moved her mouse over to it then shook her head and went back to her paper. She couldn't face that right now. She was already mad at herself for losing her cell phone at the river but at least she was able to take comfort in the fact that it was a prepaid so none of her actual information was on it so even if someone found it, all they could do was use up her minutes that she put on it.

Two hours later when she couldn't focus, she sighed then clicked on the chat room.

Did I do something wrong?

She frowned What are you talking about?

Yay you are on!

Yeah? What are you talking about?

Well, you haven't been on for three weeks now. I was just wondering if I did something after I told you I was at the river with some friends.

OH no nothing like that. I lost my phone and my laptop got a virus somehow so it just took me awhile before I could get it fixed and get back in here.

Oh okay good, I'm glad I didn't do anything. Well not good about your phone and laptop but still, you know what I mean.

Yeah

Jade sighed, she hated lying about her laptop but it was the only reasonable thing she could think of that would pass besides just saying "I freaked the fuck out that maybe you saw me at the river and I just didn't have the guts to face you because I didn't want to lose my only friend since I knew if you saw me you wouldn't ever want to talk to me again." Yeah, that would have gone over real well.

So, did you have fun going out the other night before finals? How did you do anyway?

Not really, everything was a drag and I passed. What about you?

You should have came to the river and hung out with me and my friends. Not only could we have met but I promise you would have had fun. I passed as well, all A's, what about you?

Well can't change the past and way to go Smarty Pants. I'm not as smart as you but I did make a 98 in Miss Blair's class which was the one I was most nervous about.

So you have an art class, interesting! What was your final art piece?

Maybe one day I'll tell you. Jade grabbed her pillow and screamed into it, how could she let that information slip? Oh well, she would make sure she didn't let anymore personal details leak out, there was no way she was going to let him find out who she was. She would make sure of it.

What are you doing, DreamKitten?

Wishing I had some food and about to play some games. You?

Just sitting here listening to my friends talk. What food do you want and what games?

Food that would require me driving and I don't drive at night and nope not going to tell you.

Why not?

Because you will just make fun of me for them.

I promise I won't. I still play Crash Bandicoot and Mario games if that helps.

No, it really doesn't, those are still cool games.

Please tell me?

Jade sighed, Fine but one comment and I will leave and never get back on.

I pinky promise I won't think anything bad about them.

Fine, I play Dragonvale, Kingdom Hearts, Animal Crossing New Horizon, and Disney's Dreamlight Valley.

Oh what's your names and IDs? I LOVE all of those! Please, please, please be my friend on them. Do you play the ps4 or 5? Is Dreamlight on the Nintendo Switch or Xbox?

Seriously?

Totally, here are all my names. I totally wish we could be friends on Dreamlight Valley, it sucks they don't allow friends to visit, I would love to see how you got your kingdom set up but I'll send you pics of mine.

Jade watched in shock as seconds later pictures of SpyroHacker914's information popped up as did screenshots of his kingdom in Dreamlight Valley uploaded onto her screen. He really did play the same games as her.

Feeling confident that he couldn't gather any information from her screennames, she sent her names and pictures of her layout. Well even if she changed her mind, there wasn't anything she could do about it now. She bit her lip and started picking at the nail polish on her nails.

Aw man, your place looks so much better than mine! So why don't you drive at night? What are you going to eat then?

The lights hurt my eyes, so I don't drive. If I had my way I would never drive but you don't always get what you want so it is what it is. I'll just figure something out later.

Well if you could drive, what would you get? I want Chinese.

An Arby's melt with lots of Arby's sauce, like lots, and curly fries and a chocolate frosty from Wendy's.

Oh that sounds so good too, I change my mind.

Hahaha well that will have to be for another day.

How about we go get that the day we finally meet?

Fine, it's a deal.

So you agree we will meet someday? 😉

Jade shook her head, You are a sneak but yeah one day...

I can't wait.

Jade shook her head and whispered, "well I can..."