Chapter 7

Jade hugs her binder to her chest and hurried down the hall so she wouldn't be late to class. "Whoa, sorry," a male said as he accidently bumped into her making her fall down.

"It's fine," she mumbled as she picked up her binder, "I wasn't paying attention."

She looked up and forced herself not to gasp as she looked into the blue eyes of Corey Henshaw. He frowned in confusion, "Hey do I know you?" he asked as he grabbed her elbow to help her stand.

"N...no," She shook her head, making her blonde hair fall into her face. "Sorry, I got to go, class."

Corey watched as the blonde-haired blue-eyed woman hurry down the hall. Her dark blue jeans and grey shirt fit her perfectly showing her hourglass figure. "What is it?" Luke asked as he watched her as well. "She's cute."

"There's something about her," Corey whispered.

"Her?" Luke asked. "What about her?"

"I don't know," Corey shook his head, "there's something...familiar about her but I don't know what."

"Eh, she's probably just someone we see at parties a lot or in our classes," Luke shrugged and slapped his back. "Come on let's get to class."

Corey nodded as he continued to look down the hall even though she was no longer in his sight and murmured, "yeah."

Meanwhile

Jade rushed into the bathroom and took deep breaths as she tried to calm her racing heart. That was way too close but thankfully he didn't recognize her. Hell, she could barely recognize herself when she looked in the mirror now.

After taking a few deep breaths, she forced herself over to the mirror and sighed as she rolled the clear lip rings without really thinking about it. She pushed a strand of her now blonde hair behind her ear and ran her hand over her grey shirt. Taking another deep breath, she picked up her binder and headed to the library.

Finding a desk in the back, she pulled her laptop out of her bag and opened her binder as she waited for her computer to load. She grabbed her different highlighters and started highlighting different sections with each highlighter. It was a code she came up with to help her study. Each color represented different things.

Feeling like someone was watching her, she looked around but didn't see anyone. Shrugging it off, she slipped on her headphones and went back to taking notes. Hearing a ping, she finished highlighting a section and looked over at her computer. There staring back at her was the notification letting her know that in the chat there was one new message.

Biting her lip, she moved her mouse over to it and froze. Should she open it? Should she just ignore it like she had been? What if he really was different? But what if it was all a lie and he was just messing with her like everyone else? What if—

The alarm on her phone started buzzing in her ear making her snap out of her thoughts, "Shit," she whispered as she quickly shut her laptop making her drop the debate and shove everything into her bag. She had to hurry or she would be late to her next class. Hopping up she didn't pay enough attention and hit her hip on the corner of the table, making her stumble.

"Whoa," a deep voice said catching her before she fell. "Are you okay?"

"Sorry," she mumbled as the warm hands held her hips in a comforting way. "I wasn't paying attention."

"That had to hurt, are you okay?"

"I'm fine, it happens a lot, I'm a clutz," she said straightening her bag then looked up to see who held her in such a way that she felt safe. She gasped as she looked into the blue eyes that made her heart race, "Corey."

"And you are?" He asked curiously.

"No one," she shook her head and stepped out of his hold, causing a shiver to cascade over her. "I'm no one. Excuse me."

"Wait," he whispered as she took off. He raced out of the library then cursed as he realized he lost her in crowd of students trying to get to their classes.

"Hey, come on, I found the book," Kota said coming up to him happily. He frowned when he saw the confusion on Corey's face, "what?"

"I need my computer," he said as he started walking down the sidewalk.

"What about class?" Kota asked as he rushed to catch up to him.

"I'm skipping," Corey muttered.

"What?" Kota asked shocked. Corey never missed class. "What is going on? Talk to me."

"I need to check something," Corey said as he continued to walk. He suddenly stopping making Kota bump into him.

"What?" Kota asked looking around. He followed Corey's gaze and saw a woman with long blonde hair wearing blue jeans and a grey tee talking to a teacher's assistant outside of the art building. "Who is that, Corey?"

"I think it may be her," Corey mumbled.

"Seriously?" Kota asked shocked.

"Where's Gabe?" Corey asked as he watched her enter the art building.

"Class," Kota said checking his phone.

"Which one, Kota?" Corey stressed.

Kota started scrolling through is his phone. "I'm checking."