It was around 5:30 AM when Mrs. Soo got up from her bed, walked up to her bedroom door, opened it, and checked outside. She then retreated back into her room, locking the door behind her. Mrs. Soo went back to her bed to speak to her husband, which was already awake.

"Have you noticed that Lola never smiles?" Mrs. Soo asked her husband.

Mr. Soo nodded. "Yeah, it's kind of weird. I mean, I know kids can be shy, but it's like she's never happy."

Mrs. Soo sighed. "I just worry that there's something wrong with her. She's such a sweet girl, but she never seems to be enjoying herself."

Mr. Soo put his arm around his wife. "I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. Maybe she's just a serious kid. We should try to talk to her and see if there's anything bothering her.

In the late afternoon, Mrs. Soo sat down with Lola and asked her why she never smiled. Lola looked up at her with big brown eyes. She couldn't tell her the complete truth, so she just said, "I don't know. I just don't feel happy."

Mrs. Soo's heart broke at the thought of Lola being unhappy. "Is there anything that would make you happy?" she asked.

Lola thought for a moment. "I like it when you read to me and show me, love," she said quietly.

Mrs. Soo smiled. "Well, we can do more of that then. And maybe we can find other things that make you happy too."

Over the next few weeks, Mrs. Soo and Mr. Soo made an effort to spend more time with Lola and to find activities that she enjoyed. They took her to the park, to the zoo, and even to a pottery painting studio. All of that, but Lola still didn't break a smile. 

They went to a hospital a few days later. 

Finally, the doctor came out and spoke to them. He explained that he had done a thorough examination and had found nothing physically wrong with Lola. However, he recommended that they see a child psychologist to see if there were any underlying emotional issues that were causing Lola's behavior.

The parents were relieved to hear that there was nothing seriously wrong with Lola, but they were still concerned. They didn't want her to be unhappy or struggling with any emotional issues.

As they left the hospital and walked to the car,  Lola suddenly turned to them and said, "Don't worry about me. I'll be okay." The parents were surprised to hear her speaking so calmly and confidently.

"Are you sure?" Mrs. Soo asked, still worried.

"Yes," to be honest... I choose not to smile, but I'm okay."

The parents looked at each other in surprise. They hugged Lola tightly and promised to be there for her in any way they could.

After getting into the car with the windows rolled down, Lola heard a child calling for his mom and dad. She thought about how she doesn't have her parents anymore and how she was blessed to have a real family again and decided to ask Mr. And Mrs. Soo if she could call them Mom and Dad.

They both turned around and smiled, "Are you sure you're ok with that?" Mrs. Soo inquired,  and with a nod from Lola, it was confirmed that she would be calling them Mom and Dad from here on out.

♤♤

It's been about two months since the visit to the hospital and Lola's documents and visa had been finalized, she could now travel with her parents to South korea, their home country.

On the night before they travelled, Lola insisted that they visit her old home, and  with a lot a pushing, the parents finally agreed to it and took her there. The house had surprising not been sold yet.

Lola went in and took a few items that belonged to her mom, her dad and her sister. Before leaving,  Lola looked back as her heart broke, letting all her emotions out. She was in despair and inconsolable.  Her adoptive parents didn't stop her as they decided that she had to let all her pain out.

As she was done, Mr. Soo carried her as she slept in his arms, into the car and drove back to their house, where they tucked her into her bed and took her already packed luggage from her room to the living room.

The day had come, where Lola had to leave her home country to a foreign country, she was scared, as she had never been on a plane before, but Mrs. Soo managed to clear her worries before stepping into the plane.

This was it, the end on this chapter and the beginning of another chapter.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

(っ° ¤ °◔)っ ♥ Hold up ♥

What happens next?

☄. *. ⋆ PROCRASTINATION!!😢 i am on holiday from school, and i told myself that i deserved a good rest from studying due to mytoxic relationship with physics

☄. *. ⋆Thank you for reading, please bear with my slow update.

M̳o̳v̳i̳e/ Series ̳r̳e̳c̳o̳m̳m̳e̳n̳d̳a̳t̳i̳o̳n̳

- ̥۪͙۪˚┊❛ The glory ❜┊˚ ̥۪͙۪◌

What do you all think of this part, I need your opinion. 🤔

Votes, comments, and follows will be appreciated 💖