Unforgotten

I turned around upon hearing the sound of my name. Mr. Lee... he remembered me. It filled me with gratitude knowing that he hadn't forgotten me. With the bag that hung off my shoulder, I bowed to him as if I had just met him. He walked closer and bowed as a response to mine.

"I didn't think you'd remember me," I said as I looked up at his tall figure. This time he wasn't as huge as my young, tiny self remembered. I could touch his shoulders if I dared to.
"I felt like it was you," he stated, before taking a few steps back. "Looks like you haven't really changed," he continued with his assumptions.
"Let's see how much you really improved."
Just like that, he rushed towards me, sending a punch directly to my face, but I could dodge it, and simultaneously scored a punch to his stomach. I anticipated this and made sure I was prepared.

The gymnasium suddenly felt like an arena around me. We walked in circles, staring at each other. I missed this feeling.

Author's POV

Sunghoon came to the Gymnasium to look for Lola since the practice was over and was shocked by what he saw, yet he just kept quiet and watched.

Lola took the initiative to strike first. The pace of her left quickened as she rushed to punch Mr. Lee but he dodged. Following that, Mr. Lee held her hand; Lola used her leg and swung it across Mr.Lee's head, and with a swift move, he dodged it. As soon as Lola's leg hit the ground, she used her second leg to kick Mr. Lee's belly. He stumbled backward and chuckled.

He lunched at her, and the rest was so swift that Sunghoon froze in shock. He watched as Lola attempted to punch Mr. Lee but he blocked it by grabbing her hand and twisting it. She broke free and spun around to successfully kick him aiming for the side of his face and used her second leg to push him to the ground.
Mr. Lee remained on the ground silent for a while before breaking into laughter. Lola walked towards him to help him up.

"Hey you child, you should be happy," Mr. Lee smiled before he continued. "You took down your mentor."

Lola didn't look too amused, though she was proud of herself inwardly. "It's not much to be happy about. I guess old age got to you," she replied.

Mr. Lee laughed some more. "I'm proud of you child," he gave her a hug, then asked a question as he released her from the hug. "I guess you got adopted, right?"

"I did, " she responded." My adoptive parents happened to be from here"

Suddenly Sunghoon came in through the doors of the gymnasium. He bowed to his elder and bowed to Lola as well. Lola furrowed her eyebrows wondering why he would bow to her.
"Your friend?-" Mr. Lee asked Lola who was still looking at Sunghoon.
"YES!" Sunghoon replied before Lola could even process the question, "I'm a very close friend of hers"

Lola faced Mr. Lee, "I'm sorry sir, I have to leave now. See you tomorrow " She picked up her bag and bowed to him. Sunghoon bowed too, and eventually,a few moments passed after leaving the gymnasium, and Lola and Sunghoon strolled under the cloudy dim sky.

"What are you doing here?" Sunghoon tensed up upon hearing that question.
"Uhh... what do you mean by that?" he raised his voice after thinking of what to say, "I came here because we lived close together and I couldn't find you when everyone left" he paused "Is that too bad"

"Whatever, you should've just left" Lola retorted before hearing a scoff coming from Sunghoon, "I can't just leave you"

Confusion stroked Lola, she glanced at him and ignored him.
"Oh, did you hear, the drama club is having a play tomorrow, " Sunghoon informed Lola "You're coming right?"

"I rather not"

"Come on, they put in so much effort... I hear it's going to be a comedy." They began to walk up a hill, still a long way from their respective homes. Half of the walk was full of Sunghoon's non-stop blabbering about the play and his intent to force her to attend the play. She eventually gave in to make him to keep him quiet. It was successful for only a few seconds 'till he asked a question he had been dying to ask since they left the school.

"I see you got really close with your coach"

Lola's expressionless face quickly turned into a frown, she raised an eyebrow and looked at Sunghoon. "What do you mean by that? " following that she let out a sigh.
"How much did you see?"

"There was more?!" Sunghoon gasped.
"Sunghoon I asked you a question?"
"Fine, I saw everything from the beginning of your fight"

All he got was a sigh from Lola. Sunghoon ducked his lips thinking of something. Noticing that they were really close to their street, he walked backward in front of her.
"Tomorrow, come out early, I want to talk to you," He said finally reaching their street

"What made you think that I'd listen to you" Lola left him in front of his building stunned.

♡♡♡

The next morning Riki and Lola met in the school's parking lot. Riki looked excited and even attempted to wave to her, but she only gave him one look after getting out of the car and proceeded to sway her way into the school pretending not to know Riki.

Riki had a smile of confusion plastered on his face, before deciding to follow her. "Hey, do not remember me... Riki?"

Lola sighed at the unbelievable time this guy had to follow her just to ask a dumb question. Due to her annoyance, she didn't respond but walked fast instead. Riki increased his pace only to bump into Sunghoon on the way. He was waiting for Lola in the hallway.

"Whoa, sorry dude...didn't see where I was going" Niki croaked while fixing hair. Lola brushed past the both of them and told Sunghoon to come with her. With that Sunghoon accepted Riki's apology and tapped off.

"If you want to say anything, I suggest saying it now. I don't think I'll be free after practice" Lola carelessly slumped onto her desk.

"Firstly, you look so tired" Sunghoon paused, taking a seat next to Lola "Secondly, I can't tell you here, it's about our 'mission' ... so we have to cancel the idea of seeing the play" He completed his sentence with a cheeky smile.
Once he finished, Riki popped his head through the door of their class. "Hey Lola"
'What. The. Heck.' Lola thought as she sighed before laying her head between her head on the table.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

(っ° ¤ °◔)っ ♥ Hold up ♥
What happens next?

M̳o̳v̳i̳e/ Series ̳r̳e̳c̳o̳m̳m̳e̳n̳d̳a̳t̳i̳o̳n̳
- ̥۪͙۪˚┊❛ Phantom School❜┊˚ ̥۪͙۪◌

What do you all think of this part, I need your opinion. 🤔
Votes, comments, and follows will be appreciated 💖