Truth

Sunghoon's POV

After showing me her parents from the stars, her next words shocked me. She told me she had been researching about my dad.
"How do you know my dad's name... and why would you be researching about him?"

A sigh left her mouth as she looked at my worried-filled face "How clueless can you be? don't you watch the news or something" She asked me? Truthfully, I wasn't allowed to watch the news, my mom didn't let me. Anytime the news began, she'd always change it and make up some excuse to stop me from watching it. Over time I stopped watching it altogether. I could have said all that, but all I said was... "No".

She looked disappointed but not quite surprised.
" I researched about him because I can now confirm that he was involved in the kidnapping of my sister."
I was shocked beyond words due to the fact that she said that my own father was a... kidnapper, but I still managed to let out some words.

"W-what do you mean... my dad can't be a kidnapper!" The words slipped out of my mouth, I couldn't understand what I was saying. My face faced the floor as I felt heat rising towards my face. I haven't seen my dad in a while, so I honestly don't know what he could be doing, but I couldn't let someone tell me that my father was a criminal.

I looked up to see the brightness of a phone. "Isn't this Park Dae woo? Your dad," Lola's voice rang from one side of my ear.
"This is him right?... look, I'm sorry but this is the truth your mom tried hiding it from you, your dad is on the run."
I had no choice but to accept the truth, I felt defeated and the heat from my face slowly drained.

Suddenly I had to ask Lola a question "Why didn't you tell the police and leave it to them to solve the case?"
She switched off her phone and the brightness of the phone disappeared.
"At a point in my life, I wanted to, but I didn't have enough evidence." She said, just then my mom called out to us. "Hey! Food is served, come eat! Hurry!" then went back inside.

As Lola stood up and was about to walk away i stopped her. "Let me help you". As if she took my words as a joke, she continued to walk but i stopped her yet again. "Listen, Lola, you need my help as much as I need yours. You have been doing this for what... 11 years and still haven't found your sister yet. Please let me help you, in that way, I might be able to find my father."

Lola turned to me, hesitated for a bit then finally agreed "Fine, just don't tell anyone... or you'll be the one people start looking for."
with that, she walked towards her house and I followed. Honestly, I thought it was going to be extremely hard trying to convince her.

Authors pov

A few days passed. Lola and Sunghoon met often, even during weekends, Mr. and Mrs. Soo wouldn't question her further when she said she was going over to Sunghoons' and even Jin-ah thought that they could become a trio, but little did she know that Sunghoon and Lola had their own story to figure out

It was a Friday night. Sunghoon and his mom were watching a movie in the living room with a coffee in hand when shortly after, his mom went to her bedroom to sleep. As soon as she was gone Sunghoon took his last sip of coffee, dropped it on the center table, and grabbed his phone next to the coffee mug. He wanted to see if he could see any latest news about his father. He has been doing this for the past few days, he would watch the news every day trying to see something, anything about his dad.

When the live news started, the headline was about a wanted criminal who was caught by the police, that criminal being his own father. Sunghoon felt his blood run cold. Years have passed without him seeing his father, and now he gets to see him for the first time in years on the news, getting arrested. Tears ran down his face unknowingly and he quickly wiped it off and went to bed. All he could think about was his dad, he began to weep again, then the next morning he woke up with a pounding headache.