>01: Captive<

"Ahaha! You really believe you'll be able to catch me even after your previous fails, Tenma?! You must me sick in the head to think such~!" Kamishiro teases at me.

I scoff. "You just don't have any faith in me." I hiss.

He crosses his arms. "All the other heroes have given up, why haven't you?" Kamishiro sighs, still smiling.

"I don't give up that easily." I mutter, shutting my eyes without realizing the quick mistake.

I instantly realized what I just got myself into when Kamishiro quickly tied my arms together from afar. He had powers, of course.. What a cheat!

"H-huh!?" I gasp, opening my eyes again.

"You always lose focus at such terrible times~" Kamishiro grins, placing a single finger under my chin.

I lift my head away from him but it was no use. I was tied up with a supervillain ready to attack or well, do whatever the hell he was going to do..!

"Akito, Mizuki, or Shiho will help me! I'm sure of it!" I snap.

"As if they'd even realize you left. If you haven't noticed, they've lost all interest in your conversations!" Unfortunately for me, apart of Kamishiro's powers did not only allow him to move things but also allowed him to manipulate other's into believing a word he said.

It was very unfortunate.

Kamishiro pulls out some sort of device I assumed he made since he was crazy smart with mechanics. He clicked a button and spoke into it. "Toya, Tenma has been caught as of now. If you could lend a hand in this?"

"I'll be right there, Kamishiro." It was Aoyagi's voice.

Aoyagi was another villain. For some reason, he had a dragon which I assumed he trained as his own. It was really the only special thing about him other than him physically being able to speak to it.

"I can't believe it was this simple to capture you! Fufu." Kamishiro says.

I grunt. "You got lucky, that's all.."

"Hm, is that so? Today must be a fantastic day then!" Kamishiro adds.

A frown appears on my face. I shake my head. "Somebody will rescue me! I know they will!"

"I wouldn't set your heart on it, Tenma." Aoyagi says, flying down with the dragon as per mentioned.

"Aoyagi..." I mumble.

If I hadn't said before, Aoyagi used to be a hero too only to have switched sides for an unknown reason.

"It's been awhile since we've spoken, hasn't it?" He deadpans.

I sigh. "It has."

"Enough chit-chat you two! Toya, we need to take him there before a citizens sees." Kamishiro intrupts.

"Right, my apologies, Rui." Aoyagi sincerely says.

So formal... and for what?

"How far are we from 'home'?" Kamishiro asks.

"About a mile or two, so not too far." Aoyagi responds.

Kamishiro uses his powers to set me on Aoyagi's dragon and sits next to me. Aoyagi hops on and within minutes we take flight. It was strange flying. Of course, I had been in air before but never with villains.

"Apparently there's a new villain in Wonderland," Kamishiro blurts out.

"Oh? What's their name? Maybe we could recruit them," Aoyagi asks while also suggesting.

"Uhh, I believe her name was Emu Otori." Kamishiro says.

Aoyagi hesitates. "I believe I've heard of her,"

"Yeah, her powers are kind of like mine I guess just without the manipulation tricks. She can control things with her power." Kamishiro explains.

I tilt my head. "I thought your powers were super rare?" I mutter.

"They are, but there are very few individuals out there with a similar power. Otori being one of them." Kamishiro tells me.

I nod, once again becoming silent. "Alright, we're here." Aoyagi smiles, jumping off the quite tall dragon.

Kamishiro follows and uses his magic to bring me towards him. He did it so effortlessly, it was shocking.

The entrance looked like a giant empy cave while when we entered, it was entirely different. It was like hidden. I didn't blame them, they were illegal around the land.

"What the hell?" I gasp.

"Impressed?" Kamishiro smirks.

There were machinery everywhere, likely from Kamishiro. Since it was still slightly a cave, there were crystals and gems that shined. The walls were mixed with white granite and stone which gave it a nice color. It was very big inside too.

"You guys did all of this..!?" I yell.

"Mhm, well, Nene and Kamishiro designed it and built it." Aoyagi says.

"Kaito had the gem and crystal idea!" Kamishiro adds onto the sentence.

Nene and Kaito, they were both villains. Nene Kusanagi had the ability to control a giant robot which I presumed Kamishiro made.

"Oh! Rui! Aoyagi!" It was Kaito.

"Kaito, hello!" Kamishiro greets, hugging Kaito and completely forgetting that his powers had me in the air.

I face plant onto the ground and groan. "Ow-"

"Oh, right, sorry." Kamishiro chuckles.

"I see you caught Tenma?" Kaito says.

Aoyagi nods. "Rui did." He hesitates. "Speaking of which, Rui you should probably lock him up."

I freeze. "Ah, right. I'll be right back." Kamishiro says, now picking me back up using his powers.

Red swirls outlined my body as Kamishiro brought me to a strangely well-designed cell.

Kamishiro opens the door to the cell, dropping me in and sighing. "I wouldn't get too comfortable as I do plan to test what powers you have later on." Kamishiro says, leaning up against a wall.

"Are you not going to untie me?" I question.

"I forgot about that, hold on." He twirls his fingers causing more of the red sparks and swirls to appear and suddenly the rope disappeared.

"Thanks, I guess..?" I chuckle.

"Since I suppose you'll be here for quite some time, feel free to use my first name." Kamishiro, or now I should say Rui mutters.

"Oh, uhm, yeah same here." I say.

Rui sighs before sitting down onto the ground. "I don't think we've ever had a civil conversation, Tsukasa." Rui murmurs.

I nod. "Why would we? We're enemies, aren't we?"

"Toya used to be a hero, he was my enemy. Now I speak to him everyday. I wouldn't necessarily say that we wouldn't ever have a civil conversation between you and I?" Rui shrugs.

"Why did he become a villain anyway?" I ask.

Rui hesitates. "We originally kidnapped him and were able to change his opinion on villains and heroes." He says.

I frown. "That's-... terrible!"

"I could give you how we changed his opinion, and how it may change yours if you'd like, Tsukasa." Rui suggests.

I shake my head. "Yeah, no thanks."

"Worth a shot," Rui chuckles.

---