>14 : For Some Reason. . .<

Tw: Mentions of violence, arguing

Emu's POV

I laid there, silently against my bed. Nothing as of recently had been sunshine and rainbows. As much as I loved to think that the world was just that, I knew it wasn't..

Nene had told me that Rui had mentioned something strange. That we wouldn't need to remove his powers or something.

Why wouldn't we need to do that?

Any small movement hurt me. Ever since Rui had sliced my skin clean and through with that weapon of mine... I was in pain.

Yet for some reason, when I was around Rui, I felt a sort of comfort.

I sigh, pushing myself off of the unstable mattress and walking over to the door. I needed someone by my side as of now. It was late at night, so most people were asleep.

Opening my door, I yawn. There were a few rooms surrounding the hall mine was in.

Miku's, Rui's and Kaito's. Although, Kaito rarely slept in his room, and Miku wasn't ever here, which left Rui to be the only person I really ever saw.

I glance around the hall, allowing my vision to adjust to the dark area. Only one light was turned on, and that was Rui's. He usually stayed up late anyway.

I head towards his door and knock. I hear a small gasp in response. "Hello?" Rui mutters.

"I-It's just Emu..! Uhm, could I come in?" I ask, trying my best not to wake anyone around me.

Rui chuckles a bit. "Of course you can," I open the door slowly, and wave a bit. "Is something wrong, Emu-kun?"

I shake my head. "I just felt a bit lonely, that's all." I tell him.

He was sat against his bed working on some robot or something. It looked cool though! I walk over to him and smile. "Could I sit next to you..?"

He nods. "Yeah.. I'm assuming you're wondering what this is?" he says.

I nod, sitting next to him and then resting my head against his shoulder. It happened quite often that I'd come into his room, lonely, and needing someone to talk to. Most of the time, I'd end up falling asleep in his room too. "Mhm!"

Rui smiles, "It's just another drone, except this time it should be able to scan the user in front of it! It'll be helpful for missions where the person were against may have a disguise.." his voice drifted off.

"That's cool! Is it done yet? If it is, can I see it in action! I think it'll make a bunch of boom and bang sounds! hehe!" I loved using onomatopoeia in my sentences.

"It should be done by tomorrow," Rui sighs, placing the drone down on his desk which just so happened to be directly next to his bed. "I'm surprised you're still awake,"

I shut my eyes. "I haven't been able to sleep these past few nights.. But of course, I doubt you'd know that since you haven't been here.."

"Oh..? Is there any particular reason for it?" he questions, brushing his fingers through my hair a bit.

I shrug, or at least have an attempt to. "I don't know, I just haven't been able to sleep."