>An Alternative Ending<

----

THIS IS AN ALTERNATIVE ENDING FOR NEFARIOUS HELL!!
(This starts out when Tsukasa finds Rui)

Warnings :

suicide attempt
ALMOST a major character death
<3
---

Tsukasa's POV

Rui stood there, looking at me, tearful and panicked. "Tsukasa-kun..?" he mutters, holding back the choked sobs I knew he wanted to let out.

I stand up quickly and rush over to him, dragging him into a hug. I wanted to cry. He was alive. He hadn't tried yet.

"Rui! Th-Thank god you're alive! I- I thought you killed yourself or was going to and–" I stammar.

"Kill myself..?"  I gulp, looking up at him. His voice was mixed of both concern, fear, and lies. "Wh-Why would I kill myself?" he chuckles.

"Nene and Emu," I frown, "Nene said you told her that we wouldn't need to remove your powers and Emu said you had mentioned wanting to disappear."

Rui stiffens. "I guess there's no point in lying after that, huh?" he smiles.

I hug him tighter. I didn't want to let go. Even if I could only use one arm. "Please.. please dont go.." I hide my face into his chest.

He sighs. "I wish I could've made that choice." He places a hand in my hair and moves his fingers through the strands. "I wish I could change my mind.. but I can't."

I was crying. I didn't want to lose Rui. If I lost him, my life would be over. I would feel guilt for not trying hard enough to stop him.

"You can make that choice, Rui... I know you can." I look up at him again, leaning upwards a bit to kiss him. He moves me away, stopping me.

"I've thought about it enough that I won't be able to, Tsukasa-kun." He smiles. "Just give up.. please."

I let go of him, but still hold his hand. "I'm not losing you, Rui! Whether you like it or not–!" I snap.

Rui sighs. "I don't want to have to force you away," he mumbles.

I shake my head. He wouldn't dare to do that, right? He wouldn't have the guts to use his ability to force me off of him! "I'm not giving up on saving you." I hiss.

He frowns, grabbing my hand with his other hand and using his ability to shove me off. It hurt a little bit. "R-Rui!" I yelp.

I stumbled onto the rock beneath my feet. I lost my balance and fell down. "I'm sorry, Tsukasa-kun.." Rui smiles, before walking over to the edge, facing me and then falling backwards.

No! Nonononono!

I rush over to where he once stood and grab his hand before he could fully fall down. He looks up at me, teary-eyed, likely angry that I stopped him. "T-Tsukasa! Let me go!" he pleads, kicking his feet in the air, hoping it'd have me lose my grip and him fall.

My hands shook and my shoes slipped against the bare rock. "No! I-Im not letting go! Even if it kills me!"

I slipped more and more until I was fully at the edge. Rui weighed a lot more than me, having me being dragged off the edge a bit.

I  got closer and closer to falling.

And I did.

"TSUKASA!"  Rui yelled. He didn't use 'kun' at the end of my name as he usually would.

I held onto the rock with my hand and grabbed Rui with one of my wings. It hurt like hell, but I'd rather be the one in pain than for Rui to be.

"J-Just let go, Tsukasa! You're going to get hurt, and that's not my fucking intention!" Rui shouts.

I look down at him, beginning to cry more and more. My hand was slipping. We'd both fall if I slipped.

We'd be dead.

"I'm not letting go of you! Not ever! I-I don't care if you're a bad person or if you've hurt people! I'm not letting you die!" My throat hurt. It hurt a lot.

Rui hesitates. I held my breath. "Just... I don't want your death to be because of me.."

That hurt a lot more than it should've.

"Rui, I don't want your death to be because of me and a few other stupid people either! It's a fair deal! If you don't kill yourself, I won't kill myself!" I say.

He shuts his eyes, tears dripping down his cheeks. "Tsukasa-kun, you're being an idiot! Let go and fly up there! I'm not allowing you to die with me!"

"Well I'm not allowing you to die at all!" I shout. I didn't want to die, but I didn't want Rui to die either.

He gulps. "If you don't let go in the next minute, I'll do it myself!"

I shake my head. "No! I'm not letting you do that!" I snap.

Rui looks at me with the eyes of a sadist. "I know you won't.. but you don't make that choice do you?"

I could feel myself slipping. My hand was sweaty and I knew I would fall. I think for a moment.

"Fine.. if you want me to let go, I'll let go." I smile blatantly, releasing my hand from the rock, forcing both of us to fall.

Rui hollers my name, quickly using his ability to stop the two of us mid-air. I knew that was how he'd react. He cared too much to let me die. He didn't want me to die. He didn't want anyone he cared about to die. The only times he would've ever wanted that was when he was controlled by the Administrative Control...

He wouldn't have tried to kill himself if Keiko hadn't existed.

He drops both of us onto the rock, gasping for air. Rui was crying. "Y-You're an asshole, you know that?!" he sobs.

I smile, still crying. "I know I am.." I crawl over to him and rest my head on his lap. "But I know you too well to not be one."

Rui looks at me, angry and upset, but probably relieved I was alive. I was relieved that he was alive. "..I hate you." he mumbles, lowering himself towards me to kiss me.

He didn't hate me. He loves me. He just didn't want to express that.

I sit up before returning the kiss. Rui pulls away, moving forward, sobbing into my chest. "I could've been free. I could've gotten away from all of this..!"

I shake my head for almost the 100th time today. "You wouldn't have been free nor would you have been away from the pain.. Rui, disappearing from this world would only cause more suffering.. I don't ever want to lose you.." I bring his face forward and kiss him again. I didn't care if he hated me or not.

I loved Rui, and nothing would change that.

———

A/N:

yes i did make an alternative ending because I felt bad for making people sad

hehe

yeah

still no tsukasa 4* :(

I better get Rui's birthday card, if not, im deleting the alternative chapter 😾/hj

words: 1189