> 2 : Trust is a Strong Word<

::Warnings::

So just so you're aware, this will include the topic of violence in this chapter!
If you read the original ver. of this chapter, there was also an unconsenting kiss so be aware of that too.

That's all! Enjoy!

———

~One Month Ago~

"Sorry for being late, Sir!" I stammar, quickly running into the house of Akane Hanamori, the noble who I served as a vassal to. I bow to him, it was the most I could do for being late after he called for me.

He chuckles softly. He had purple hair that had just a few strands with cyan that parted to the side. His eyes were yellow and he wore a suit like most nobles did. The suit was colored with an orange pattern for the outer-top part and the rest was black. Below the coat was purple vest that was placed above a white shirt. He also had flowers attached to the coat part. "That's quite alright, Tsukasa-kun." He says, standing up and walking over to me.

I gulp, keeping my head down as I had gotten on a knee to bow. "Hehe, it wasn't anything that important.. I just wanted to have a chat, that's all." His voice was low and kind. I couldn't bare it. Even if he was a higher rank and class than I was, and even if I served as a vassal to him, I still found him at least slightly attractive.

He moves his fingers through my hair and smiles. "I heard you're close to no longer being a knight, yes?"

I stand up straight, hiding my face a bit. "Y-Yes, sir.." I frown. I didn't like speaking of it.

"No need to feel embarrassed about that, it's understandable. Not everyone is fit for being a knight, you know!"

I look at him. "But I've trained my whole life, I know I'm fit for it..!" I cover my mouth quickly. "A-Ah, I'm sorry Hanamori-sir!"

He chuckles again. "It's alright, I know how it must feel being told something like that. I should be apologizing if anything!" Hanamori says.

I sigh out of relief. He was kind, yet I was still scared of him. "Nono.. I–" I began to speak, but he just placed a finger on my mouth.

"My friend stopped by earlier, her mother made cookies and she still had some left over, would you like some, Tsukasa-kun?" He grins.

I freeze. Cookies? Seriously? That's why he brought me here?

"Only if thats fine with you, I wouldn't want to take something without you being pleased of course..!" I say.

He nods. "I asked, didn't I? Of course it's okay! Come on," Hanamori grabs my hand, smiling.

I stand there and look at him. I hadn't ever realized how pretty his eyes were or how soft his hands were. I never even thought to see how he had just a small amount of red makeup beneath his eyelids. He was perfect.

~Present Time~

"and then I got hit on the head and woke up here! Rui-kun told me I was in good hands so I didn't think much of it!" Emu was explaining how she got captured by the villains. Of course, it was some stupid way.

The story was–

She snuck out of the castle one night since she wasn't allowed outside of it much. She walked around for a bit and ran into Akane Hanamori, aka, the man I was a vassal to. Turns out, I was completely wrong on who he was. Akane Hanamori was actually Rui Kamishiro, the villain who I fought almost every week. It came as a surprise to me. They acted nothing alike.