>07 : Don't You Get It?<

TW: VOMITING, FIGHTING, TESTING ON HUMANS, BLOOD, AND KIDNAPPING.

Nene's POV

Emu glances over at me and then back at the sword in her hand. Kaito was trying to help her learn how to use a sword. Since Emu wasn't the best at controlling her powers, Kaito suggested to help her learn how to use a sword. At first, she didn't seem up to it but I convinced her by saying I'd buy her taiyaki.

"And then I just go like this?" She asks, doing some sort of movement with the sword.

Kaito nods. "Yep, just like that! Good job!" He chuckles. "I suppose that we've practiced your sword skills enough today,"

"Oo! Does that mean Nene-chan gets to buy me taiyaki now?!" Emu giggles.

I sigh. "Unfortunately, yes."

"Hehe! Come on Nene-chan!" She tugs at my arm.

"I'm coming, I'm coming, geez." I follow her.

I felt a certain way around Emu that I didn't around other people. She made me happy despite my responses of carelessness. "Are we going into town for this?" She asks.

The kingdom had been destroyed, yes, but were their still towns and cities around? Most definitely. Emu seemed to like this one shop that sold taiyaki so that's where we usually went.

"Yeah, that's fine." I smile. "We're going to that one shop you really like, right?"

Emu giggles again. "Yep!"

We exit the training room. Rui's room was nearby and I hadn't really seen him much today. I only felt the need to check in on him because of what recently happened. It's kind of traumatizing to almost lose your childhood friend.

"Before we go Emu, can I go see if Rui is doing alright?" I mutter.

Emu turns to me before shaking her head up and down. "Can I come with you?"

I hesitate. To be fair, I wanted to chat with him alone, but I guess she would be a bit more of a mood-changer while there. "Sure,"

"Wonderhoy! Let's go!" She tugs on my arm again, dragging me the direction of Rui's room.

We each had our own room's here. Kaito knew that many of us wouldn't have anywhere to go if we ever had our homes exposed so he allowed us to stay here some times.

I didn't know whether Rui was even here or not, but just to be sure I went to check. I knock on the door and hear a familar voice gasp. Now, I knew it wasn't Rui who gasped because his voice isn't anywhere near the voice I just heard.

"Rui, if you're there, is it alright for me to come in?" I ask.

I hear a bit of mumbling before Rui had even responded. That's a bit suspicious. "Uhm, yeah! Sorry! Just a sec!" Rui says.

Something was definitely going on in there.

"I swear to god if you brought another dead body in there-" I joke.

"What?!" A voice yelps.

Tsukasa.

"Oh! Is that Tsukasa-kun!?" Emu chimes.

I don't think Emu even thought about her next move because she immediately opened the door. "Hi Rui-kun! Hi Tsukasa-kun!" She says, having her eyes shut in excitement.

I peak inside and sigh with relief. Both boys looked extremely awkward. "H-Hey Nene..! Hey Emu..!" Tsukasa murmurs, trying to hide the fact his face was practically bright red.