>06: L. I. A. R<

TW: Vomiting/puking,

Rui's POV

It wasn't often that you almost die and then suffer for days on end by vomiting. If you didn't know, I hated puking. I had tried to keep myself distracted by messing around with my drones and stuff, but that didn't work. I walked around outside for a bit, that also didn't work.

Nothing was working to stop myself from puking.

It wasn't like we had medicine for that either. If we were vomiting then we'd just need to get over it. Tsukasa suggested for me to rest but I couldn't just rest when the royals could attack any moment to retrieve the gem!

"You won't get better if you don't rest!" Tsukasa snaps.

"I'm not tired!" I sounded like a child refusing to go to sleep at night.

Tsukasa grunts. He stumbles over to me and looks up. He was shorter than me, which gave me a bigger advantage to stop whatever he was about to do.

"If you don't rest you won't be able to fight in battle." He says, crossing his arms.

I sigh. No matter how hard I fought, he wouldn't give up. I push a strand of hair behind my ear before leaning towards Tsukasa to hug him.

"Eh-!?" Tsukasa gasps, freezing in place. I bury my face into his shoulder. It was a bit of a pain to bend my back like that.

I stand up straight once again before crouching down and grabbing Tsukasa by his legs and having myself stand back up to carry him all the way to my room bridal style. Each villain apart of this group got a bedroom incase they needed somewhere to hide so it always was useful. I found his expression quite funny due to him being completely argumentative to this. "If I'm going to sleep that means you are too." I say.

"WAIT WAIT WAIT! I DIDN'T AGREE TO THIS!" He cries. I chuckle at his response.

We reach my room and I open the door with a struggle. Tsukasa seemed to have given up on fighting when I plopped him down onto my bed. "You're the worst." He whines.

"You can say what you want, but just remember that if you hadn't bugged me about needing rest this wouldn't have happened... oh how terrible it must be to sleep!" I groan with sarcasm.

Tsukasa scoffs before resting his head on the pillow with some aggression. I chuckle quietly, laying down next to him.

"What is it with you and doing strange romantic things?" Tsukasa asks.

"Hngh, just shut up and go to sleep, Tsukasa-kun." I mumble, wrapping an arm around him.

"Fine," He grunts, shutting his eyes and burying his head into my chest.

I found it silly how one could do something like that so easily. Did I mind the affection? No, I liked his touch actually. I valued it at any chance I got.

It only took Tsukasa a couple minutes to fall asleep. I was still awake, cautiously waiting for me to have to get up and vomit in a trash can.

It surprised me that Tsukasa warmed up to the villains this quickly. I wouldn't have trusted a word we said. The reason being that we lied.

As much as I hated to admit it, the entire "The king stole our precious gem!" thing was a lie. We came up with it for Toya and reused the idea for Tsukasa. Shiho just happened to know what we were up to and made a deal with us. A deal that she couldn't repay.

What we really wanted was power. Of course, that's what everybody wanted! Even if I was a noble, I ignored every ounce of royalty in my blood. I had power, unneeded power. I wanted to be king. Not a noble. I needed more than some stupid money and land.