>11 : Curiosity Killed A Cat<

TW: VIOLENCE, SWEARING, THREATS, AND THINGS UNDER THOSE TOPICS

Nene’s POV

He was there the entire time. How didn’t anyone realize? I don’t understand. Surely he heard the part where we decided we wouldn’t kill him, right? 

“Rui, I– we aren’t going to kill you. It was a suggestion, but we aren’t going to follow through with it.” Tsukasa mutters. 

“Even if it was just a suggestion, if you didn’t have any other ideas, you would’ve tried.” he hisses.

There wasn’t much to do in this situation, especially when you were certain to be fighting with your friend, somebody you knew since childhood. “We aren’t going to hurt you.” I say. “I promise.” 

“I’m not a stupid kid, I know you don’t mean that. I know that you agreed to the idea too.” he snaps. “I don’t care whether you’re hurting me or not in the present idea, i’m just terrified that everyone here is going to try and kill me! I mean, who the hell wants to die from everyone they care about? Huh?” 

Manipulation, wasn’t it? 

He was trying to use his ability to not let us kill him. 

We weren’t going to do it anyway. He didn’t have a reason to use his ability. 

“Rui, I swear to you that we’re not going to—” Tsukasa was cut off by Rui shoving him against the wall and pining his hand above Tsukasa’s head, leaving the boy cornered. 

“Swear to me? You, swear? I don’t even know if I can trust you anymore. Maybe a few minutes ago you acted like you cared, but from what I remember, earlier, you just didn’t care at all!?” 

Why was he acting like this? He never acted like this. Not ever did I see him yell at someone like that or snap, or whatever the hell it’s called! “Rui, that’s enough.” A voice says. 

It was Kanade. A girl with silver silky hair, almost white even. Her eyes were blue. Her ability was teleportation. Every thirty minutes, she was allowed to teleport.

“Kanade?” Rui stumbles his words. The pissed off face he had before quickly faded into a surprised, but also sad one.

“I came along to make sure everything would end out okay, not just for Mafuyu.” she says. “You need to calm down.”

Rui sighs, moving away from Tsukasa and resting against the wall. “What happened for him to react that way? I don’t think I’ve ever seen him do that.” Kanade asks me. 

I shrug. “I don’t know, I haven’t seen him bust into a screaming fit so easily like that.”

“Are we sure he isn’t still being controlled by the A.C?” Kaito asks, budding his head into the conversation. 

I shake my head. “He would’ve attacked us in an instant instead of yelling at us, there’s no way he’s still under their control.” I cross my arms.

“That’s true.. What did Tsukasa do exactly for him to, well you know.” Kanade mumbles.