>09 : Too Many Things At Once<

tw: violence

Tsukasa's POV

Toya was able to grant us access inside the town. Ena seemed excited to show Akito around and everyone else was more worried about the situation we were in.

I would say that it was a pretty unfortunate situation to be in, but did that stop people from enjoying themselves? Absolutely not.

"You're here to try and speak with Kamishiro too?" A fairy with pink hair says. I was surprised that she knew English.

Wait, what did she mean by 'too'?

"Does someone else happen to be here that needs to speak with Rui?" I ask.

She nods. "Kanade Yoisaki! She came here urgently asking if she could send a message to someone named Rui Kamishiro."

Miku looked shot in the heart once hearing the name. "K-Kanade?" Miku mutters.

Wasn't Kanade the girl that someone spoke of earlier when we went to get the map?

I brushed it off. All I needed to focus on was how to send the message to Rui. That was all.

"Would it be alright if we go ahead and send the message to Rui?" I questioned her response.

"Yep! Whoever is sending the message, come along and follow me!" she replies.

––
KAITO's POV

I was surprised that the Administrative Control had put me and Nene in the same room. I wasn't sure who all was captured and who wasn't, but I did know me, Rui, and Nene had been. Rui's was quite obvious, but Nene? Nobody would've expected that.

"How much longer do you think we'll be stuck here?" Nene asks, leaning her head against the cemented wall.

They put us in a cell. It was quite large and had enough room to fit maybe two to three beds and a table. "I'm not sure, I'm just hoping we're out of here soon.." I mutter.

I sit down onto the ground and sigh, resting my head gently against the wall, similar to how Nene had. "How come they didn't kill us?" she mumbles.

I straighten my head to look at her. "What do you mean?"

Nene blinks a couple times before sighing again. "I mean, why didn't they kill us? Isn't that their objective?"

I shrug. To be honest, I didn't know a lot about them. The last I heard of them was when Kanade and Rui went to save Asahina, but that was a while ago. They just so suddenly decided to basically kidnap us.

Me and Nene stay quiet for a couple of minutes. It was calmer while quiet, despite the constant fear of gas leaking through the walls that may kill us, or guards coming in and shooting us just for their objective to be complete.

I frown. Surely the heroes and whoever wasn't captured have located us by now..

Right?

Forget it, there wasn't any chance that they'd follow through to save us. If they figure out that we came up with some lie about the gem being ours then they'd never help us.

Both me and Nene jump a little bit from the sound of a sudden horrified scream. A familiar voice that wasn't able to be distinguished. A masculine voice, a voice that was too rough to be Toya's, but too soft to be Tsukasa's or Akito's. Yet too deep to be Len's. Was it Rui?