>1 : CAPTIVE<

TW: VIOLENCE, BLOOD, SWEARING, PLEASE BE WARNED

"Tenma, give me a reason why I should keep you as my knight?" The king says, looking down at me from his throne.

I gulp. I didn’t have a good reason. Not a single good one. Then I thought of something.. Something that he'd forever be grateful for.

"Your majesty, if I capture Kamishiro, can I stay your knight? I'd do anything to keep this role!" I say, smiling.

He hesitates, thinking about it for a second. "Hm.. Depends.. Which one is Kamishiro again?"

I sigh, "The strongest villain we've ever fought, as well as the man who convinced my sister to join the villains." I explain.

Right, Saki, the girl who was my sister. She grew up with a sickness. An incurable sickness. She became a knight herself, except, she was quickly denied in training when she could barely stay for a single lesson. Then, the villains, or specifically, Rui Kamishiro, told her that he could heal her if she joined his side. I wasn’t sure why she was his first pick, but that didn't matter.

"Ah, yes, him.. If.. If you are able to kill or capture Kamishiro, I'll keep you as a knight and maybe even give you some gold in return.. That is if he ends up dead," The king compromises. "I'll give you four months, if you haven't yet attacked him and brought him back, then you're out of here, understood?"

I nod. "Thank you sir! I won't disappoint!" I kneel down and look up at him. "I'll make sure to bring him back!"

— A Week Later —

"Oi, Tsukasa, have you seen Toya anywhere?" Akito asks, walking up to me.

Akito Shinonome, a pale ginger with a single streak of yellow in his hair. His hair was parted to the side and he had blue and white on his knight-wear, like most of us. He was a higher rank than I was. He had the ability of speed. Unlike him, I could fly since I was born with wings.

He had lost his sister as well, except it was when they were both young. She got lost in a forest and Akito at that age was too scared to go in and save her. After that, he was determined to lose all his fears and become a knight to one day find his sister.

"Huh? Toya? I haven't seen him anywhere, why?" I place a hand on my hip and tilt my head. Im a very curious person, what can I say!

Akito sighs, "Well, I can't find him anywhere and I was going to ask him something." he says.

"Oh? What were you going to ask him?" I mutter, smirking a bit.

He blushes. "Th-That is none of your concern, Tsukasa." Akito snaps, groaning. "Since you're not much help, I'll go look for him myself.... again."

I shrug. I knew Toya since childhood, but we didn't talk all that often now that we were knights. If we did, it'd be during training or free time.

Toya's POV

"Oh, Aoyagi, are you enjoying your little 'visit' so far?" Kamishiro chuckles. His voice never aggravated me more.

I don't respond. I didn't have a reason to respond. No, actually.. I didn't want to respond.

He frowns. "Awh? Not feeling very chatty today?"