30:The hunt or the celebration

••••••••••🌹••••••••••

•••••••••••••••••🌹••••••••••••••••

"Should I wear black?" Asked Diana looking at herself in the mirror moistening her lips.

" Nah, wear navy blue." Dove suggested as she rummages through the wardrobe.

" What about hair style?"

" First decide dress, will you? Banquet is tomorrow."

" I am already freaking out, what will I do there? " Diana whined putting her hands on her hips, she looks at the dresses.

" Calm down, and chose a dress, look all of these dresses are so beautiful,and they will even suit you.look this one!" Dove pulled out a pastel dress, it was high neck , backless dress which reached slightly above the knee.

" Nope"

" Why? It pretty tho."

" Pretty but not my type." Diana turned to look at the dresses.

" They all are pretty, but none of them is my type." She mumbled.

" Gosh! So what now?" Dove threw herself at the bed.

" Shopping, of course."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Shopping,of course not."

Diana awkwardly smiled at Roderic.

She so wanted to beat that Secretary punk.
He didn't tell her anything about the dress Roderic had sent.

Recalling back,she did closed door on his face, without letting him finish.

" So, where are you going?" Diana looks at him who sat on the couch with his legs crossed, a cup of tea in his hands.

The brightness of the setting sun, through the window, enhanced right side of his face which made his eyes shine.
Soft wind blew through his hair, his eyes waiting for answer from mesmerized Diana.

"..just to hangout." Diana replied pointing at dove.

Who just stepped down the stairs in the living room.

" Return before it gets dark."

Diana felt Warmness within her heart. She nodded while biting her lower lips,she grabbed Dove's hand and dragged her out.
She felt shy for some reason as she could feel his eyes until went out of his sight.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••

"I am gorgeous." Diana smiled at her reflection.

The off shoulder,split, red dress paired with silver stilletos, fitted her perfectly. She had light makeup on.

Upon hearing the knock on the door, she made her way outside the mansion.

She was informed that her partner would we waiting there.

Her eyes went to the black Maybach car parked infront of her.
Driver opened the door and she froze.

Inside sat her love with all his glory, the pitch Black suit hugged his body,hair neatly combed,
A red rose in his pocket made her realise, he was her partner.

Her cheeks flushed as she sat inside the car, her eyes admiring her love.

Her breathe hitched when she suddenly made eye contact with him as he smiled

" You look beautiful, Doctor." Her heart rate increased.

" You too look handsome." Her voice sounded like curtsey but she wanted to scream that.

"Did Davin told you the details ?"
He asked. She frowned.

" Details?of what?"

" About the banquet."

" ...no."

" It's not an ordinary banquet."
Of course it's not, it's birthday banquet of The female lead.

" The banquet is not only for the sole purpose celebration" He look at her his tone held no emotion.
It made her feel a little bit sad.

" It's the meeting of Underworld People." He started.

" And police" She shivered at the last part.
What police?

" There would be humans wrapped up in attractive garments, hiding their hideous self,this banquet is where both Predator and prey.." he stopped a bit and made a direct eye contact with the latter.

" would be present, ...nobody knows who will be whose prey or who will be whose predator... It's more like a hunt rather than a birthday celebration."

Diana shivered, when he grinned.

"Don't fret.cause you are with me." There was a glint in his eyes. His familiar face felt unfamiliar.

For the first time Diana questioned herself.
Does she knows him or not?

••••••••••••••••••••••

A/n: short chapter;