43

" Diana, you coming to Lyris's party this weekned?"

The young girl asked applying lipstick while looking at Diana studying at her study table through the mirror.

Diana blinked her eyes to stir her focus from the book, she look at the young girl wearing a party dress getting ready.

Licking her dry lips she said" I'll see"

" come on gurl, we ain't getting this phase of our life back why are you always studying"

" We have tests next Monday."

" F**k the test. Enjoy a bit, will you?"

" It's will affect my scholarship."

" hah, ok ok, listen, the party's on Saturday, you can always come back early from the party take a good night sleep and study on Sunday, how's the plan?"

" hmmm" Diana's eyes sparkled at the thought.

" good, now I'll be going."  She went out the door.

Diana felt a little energetic at that.
" and yes Diana" suddenly her roomate picked through the door. " choose a dress for yourself from my collection." She smiled brightly

Diana was overjoyed.
The day of party arrived for the first time she was going to one but

.

.

. " We ...sorry."

" dad?"

" what...h..en?"

" ..anaa!!"

" Accident?DADDDD?!"

"DADDDDDD"

Diana woke up breathing heavily.
Her whole body trembling in grief.
She clutched the blanket wailing.

Suddenly she remembered Roderic's unfamiliar behaviour.
She cried and made a decision.
A decision to shut her heart down.
She has always been a person who gives up easily, this time she persisted more that usual but it's time to end this.
It won't bring anything good.

After sometimes, she calmed down, tired.
She looked around her room in Haven.
Stepping out of her bed she went to the window, a place where she finds peace.
Her eyes to her greenhouse.
Quiet, beautiful and green, she stood there reminiscing of her favorite eyes.

.

.

.

.

.

.
" Sister! He hit me, UWAAHHHHHH"
The start of the new morning was with the cry of Olivia who again fought with Caleb.

" I..DIwwimdnn't uwahhhhh" cried Caleb snot visible on his clothes.

" Mom, look they are fighting again." Diana frowned at the condition of living room.

" Than stop them, Don't you see I am busy."
Mrs. Wright with large pile of clothes said.

By them Olivia's hair was in Caleb's hands and Caleb's hair was in Olivia , their hands entangled as they cried in pain.

" hey, let each other go, Stop " Diana tried to untangle their hands. " Stop wiggling, will you". Diana groaned frustrated.

" Adrian! Help me!" Diana called Adrian who just came from outside his hands holding vegetables.

He started to laugh at their condition. Keeping the vegetables on the table he hurried to the fighting kids who were on mission to make each other bald.

After lots of struggle their hands were finally untangled.
By the time Mrs. Wright also came to rescue.
She took Olivia both got smacked.

The turmoil had no end, the noise made the twins wake up as they cried following their daily routine.

Due to rising urgency back up was called, Cadet Dove arrived to battlefield.
Relief washed over everyone as Mrs. Wright annouced " Time to eat"

.

.

.

.

.

DIANA'S POV

I was in my greenhouse with my plants, it's been a while since I came here.
Inhaling the pleasant smell of the flowers, I slowly removed the dried leaves from the plants.

The sky is filled with dark clouds,wind's blowing steadily. I stood at the gate of green house my eyes at the sky.
A soft water droplet touched my face as I closed my eyes feeling the winds and the slow spreading petrichor.

Reminds me of that day, when Roderic stood at that window.

I opened my eyes and forze.
My eyes met the emerald ones, Mind went blank.
He jumped down the window stood at the place for a few seconds.
Do you want me to come to you?
Not this time.

He smiled , Here comes the drops steady and soft.

Taking slow steps towards me he stood infront of me.

I look at him my emotions in turmoil.

My heart aching with a sudden panic of losing myself to him again.

Let me close my heart.

Don't come to me.

Don't disturb me.

Let me be.

" Ms.Doctor" He slowly leaned taking my hands in his " Will you go on a date with me?"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/n: Here you go, hoomans who needed
" Double update " tada!
Now I am gonna sleep.
Good night.

I will again update  2 chapters if this novel gets 40k reads.