Distress Call

Hey!

If you read my Ex-Doctor chapter a few hours before this one, I mentioned how tired I was, which I am. This chapter was made at work on my break over the past three days. So I have been lying in bed proofreading this chapter.

Let us start this one.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There! Try it now," A voice shouts from below the deck of a large fishing trawler.

Quickly the message is received on the other end of a short civilian radio, and within moments a thought-to-be busted diesel engine roars to life with new enthusiasm.

On deck, cheers and laughs could be heard from men and women as the engine came to life. 

Large blonde fox ears emerged from the engine hatch before a young-looking man exited the square hole in the deck, face and hands covered in grease and a satisfied smile on his face.

- A few hours before -

A large fishing trawler was drifting on the pacific ocean with limited supplies and caught up in the currents, and the vessel's crew could only hope help arrived soon and not Sirens or starvation. A distress signal had been sent days ago.

Not long after, desperation gave way to hope as a massive ship appeared on the horizon and swiftly approached them. None of the humans could believe their luck as a Sakura Empire repair ship had aided them.

Once the massive ship came up beside them, a single figure popped out from the towering bridge of the repair ship that loomed over them.

A male?

A male Kansen. 

How did the crew know it was a Kansen and not a human? Simple... He had fox ears and tails. 

"IJN Kohaku, responding to your distress call!" The Kansen said as he looked down at them

- Present time -

"As the captain of this vessel, my whole crew and I, thank you!" The Captain with a scruffy brown beard says with gratitude while the crew stands around, thanking the tall Kitsune. 

Standing there sheepish was Kohaku, a former member of the Sakura Empire, with Blonde fox ears, four blonde tails and Amber eyes: a skintight body suit and a dark amber jacket.

Kohaku bows politely, "Thank you, I must go... More Kansen are comming..."

The Captain notices the slight change in attitude at the mention of his fellow Kansen but doesn't mention it. "Good luck to you, Lad!" 

Kohaku smiles and salutes before jumping off the trawler and onto the ocean surface instead of his ship. The crew watched as the massive repair ship glowed brightly before vanishing, and a strange crane rigging with plenty of anti-air appeared onto Kohaku's back. He gives one final wave before speeding off across the ocean's surface until he is a speck on the sunny horizon. 

"Never seen a Kansen before!" A male crew member said. 

"My brother won't believe we met one," Another said.

"Damn it! We should have asked for a group photo..." Another shouted, making everyone groan in dismay and making the Captain chuckle.

"He was so hot!" A female crew member purred, staring off in the direction Kohaku went. Making the rest of the crew step away from her in surprise.