How to Court a Fox

Hey.

It's a bit late, but life happens; you know how it is. I might be a bit slower for a bit, but not by much.

It's been a hectic and sad few months, but don't worry, no story will be unfinished! 

Let us get back to it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back on Azur Lane in the Royal Navy quarters.

"Has she come out yet?"

"*Sigh* No..."

"Well, she can't stay in there forever," The Admiral stated to King George, knocking on Queen Elizabeth's door.

Belfast, Cheshire, Sirus, Sheffield and Valiant watched from the sidelines as the Admiral demanded to see their absent queen.

"Go away!"

The Admiral rolled his eyes when he heard the muffled voice of the queen. "Yeah... Not happening, missy," Before any of the girls could understand what he said or stop him, he reached for the door and went inside.

"Admiral!" They all shouted.

All of them followed the Admiral into the room and joined him, staring at the pitiful sight of Queen Elizabeth laying on her bed holding the envelope she offered Kohaku and could see she had been crying.

"Oh, for god's sake, really?" The Admiral snorted, throwing his arms in the air, and the girls behind glared at him for his lack of sensitivity.

"Admiral... A bit of sympathy wouldn't hurt, would it?" King George hinted politely. 

"The Admiral is very impolite," Sheffield looked at the Admiral with a cold face.

The others didn't comment, but they shook their heads in disapproval. None of this was missed by the queen, who looked at them with puffy red eyes from her position on the large bed.

"I told you to go away!" Elizabeth shouted and pointed at the Admiral.

"And I told you to be at the docks when the other fleets arrived, but you didn't," The Admiral countered and crossed his arms, looking down at Elizabeth like a scolding parent.

Jumping up and standing on her bed, waving the envelope in front of the Admiral's face, "Can't you see how heartbroken I am?! I have been rejected... Me! A queen!"

"So?" The Admiral quirked a single brow at her, far from amused at her attitude.

"SO?!" Elizabeth shouts indignantly.

"Grow up, girl. Your idea of gaining his favour was a letter?" Admiral snorts at her, earning him an open-mouth stare from the queen and her servants in the room.

"I..."

"You think he would read your letter and fall deeply in love with you? Like a cheesy romcom, the stars align, and you skip happily into the sunset holding hands?"

"..."

"I get it, you're not exactly used to dealing with the opposite sex, but don't believe those ridiculous romance films I know you are watching; life isn't even close to being like that."

"What do you mean, Admiral?"

The Admiral turned in surprise. The speaker was Belfast, looking at him with an uncomfortable intensity.

"Yes, Admiral, please? We are all curious to know how to... Handle a real romantic encounter should it arise," The soft voice of Hood catches everyone's attention as Hood walks in with a playful and curious smile.