Sunset and Surprises

Hey.

A bit of History for Kohaku, only a bit, tho! 

Let's get back to it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a hard day's work, Kohaku faced the sea, sitting on a metal container, watching the sunset and feeling the cool breeze wash over him, completely unaware of a group approaching him.

"Huh?"

"Sleepy... Zzzz" 

"Laffey, no!" Kohaku shouted in despair as Laffey appeared behind him and grappled with his tails, floofing them like pillows.

"We're so sorry about her, Hehehe!" 

Javelin, Z23 and Ayanami apologised to Kohaku sheepishly, trying to pull the sleeping destroyer away, only making her grip his tails tighter. 

Kohaku whimpered in pain, his fox ears flattened, clawing at the metal container he was relaxing on after a few days of trying to repair Yorktown.

"Eh... Ew!? She's drooling!" Z23 shouted in disgust.

Kohaku looked behind him and confirmed Z23's statement. Laffey was nibbling on his floof with a trail of saliva coating a single dirty, grime-covered tail.

Being late in the evening and working on Yorktown's ship all day didn't paint Kohaku as the cleanest Kansen on base. Covered in rust particles, dirt, and a sheen of sweat across his exposed skin wasn't the prettiest of sight.

"It's alright, girls... I'm not bothered." Kohaku winced at the pulling sensation on his tails.

The three girls looked at him unconvincingly but didn't push.

"Come, sit with me for a bit," Kohaku gestured to either side of him.

The girls made no argument as they came to sit beside him happily, Ayanami and Javelin on his left and Z23 on his right, Laffey sleeping behind.

The 4 Kansen stared at the evening ocean, illuminated in bright orange and other ships off in the distance, barely able to see the other side of the Azur Lane naval base.

"Hey?" 

Kohaku tilted slightly to acknowledge the destroyer. Z23 looked at him but avoided eye contact. 

"Why don't you like us?" 

Kohaku raised an eyebrow at Z23 in consideration, not offended by the question. The other two girls had stopped chatting and waited for what Kohaku's answer was going to be.

"You girls specifically?" Kohaku pointed at her and the other three with a smile.

"No! I mean Azur Lane, Sakura Empire and Kansen's in general," Z23 pouted and folded her arms in annoyance at the insufferable fox.