Rivalry

Hey!

I told you, not dead, just slow.

I'm no engineer, so don't expect a technical explanation of things Kohaku is doing. 

Let's get back to it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been a few days after Kohaku spoke with Yorktown and swore she would sail the ocean again and be with her sisters. 

He had gained quite a crowd at the docks so early in the morning when a loud ship horn followed by the sounds of straining metal structures could be heard echoing through the Azur Lane base.

Many ship girls whispered excitedly and pointed at the scene, seeing the massive Repair Ship layed up alongside the stationary Carrier of Yorktown. The Repair ship's excessively tall cranes loomed over the carrier, removing parts of the damaged Yorktown and placing the pieces on a large flat barge tied on Kohaku's other side.

Hundreds of Manjuus rushed around wearing hard hats and tool belts on the outside of the large warship. How many were inside the carrier is unknown, but most Manjuus on base were working on this. 

On the busy deck of the carrier sat a determined Kohaku who stared at a hastily drawn layout of the ship he currently stood on. In front of him stood twenty larger Manjuus that listened to what he was saying with cute looks.

"Once the cranes have removed the flight deck and sections of the lower levels, we can begin restoring the engine room first..." Kohaku pointed at the blueprint before him, receiving nods from the Manjuus, who stared quietly. 

"If we can, we'll remove and rework the entire drive train system. It might be the reason for the lack of mobility Yorktown is currently suffering from." He said, receiving more nods for the Manjuus.

Kohaku almost had to shout over the sounds of metal grinders and the groans of metal being stressed as the cranes lifted freed metal slabs from the carrier. Heavy booming noises could be heard as old rivets were popped, releasing the large armoured plates to be removed.

Back on the docks in a quieter location away from the growing crowd of ship girls, a wheelchair-bound Yorktown sat, watching her carrier be pulled apart with a smile, ice tea in her hands.

"I don't like it..." The annoyed voice of Enterprise echoed behind her, making the crippled carrier sigh. 

"Enterprise, He's trying to help me..." Yorktown looked over her shoulder at the disgruntled Enterprise, who watched Kohaku on her sister's carrier deck moving back and forth, giving instructions. 

"But Is he?" Enterprise came to stand next to the sitting Yorktown.

"*Sigh*...Enough, I don't know what he's done to earn this disdain from you, but he's trying to help me, and all you're doing is complaining" Yorktown looked up at Enterprise with a frown.

"I just don't want to see you hurt anymore, and he's known to cone people just like that little creep of a sister." 

"Creep of a sister? Do you mean Akashi? I've met Akashi, and I thought she was adorable." Yorktown smiled.

"Adorable!?" Enterprise frowned at her sister's compliment of the con cat.

"Ehehe, I'm starting to think you have a crush on Kohaku and are just trying to find reasons to convince yourself you don't" Yorktown smiled as she looked back at Kohaku in the distance.

"Eh!? No, no, no, abosulotly not!" Enterprise sputtered and blushed.

"Hahaha, are you trying to convince me or yourself?" Yorktown smirked.