Repercussions

Hey.

Sorry for the delay.

Let's get to it. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Start it up!"

The confident voice of Kohaku shouted from the flight deck of Yorktown, the carrier in question was sitting quietly on the ocean surface after being put back together piece by piece. The low rumble of the ship's engine desperately tried to start but coughed and sputtered in reply. Kohaku's ship still hugged the large carrier as if protecting her.

Yorktown had been stripped bare. *Cough* and put back together, every inch and part of the carrier was inspected top and bottom by numerous Manjuus and himself. They discovered structural damage on Yorktown's keel under the engine compartment.

The damaged keel had cracked and warped, displacing the engine itself, making it almost impossible to drive the carrier without causing significant stress to the prop shafts. Kohaku sighed in relief at this discovery, and this explained Yorktown's wheelchair-bound nature; it was almost as if her back was fractured.

When Kohaku told Yorktown of this, she was thrilled beyond belief, and everyone was excited for Yorktown to join them on operations again. Enterprise, however, never stopped staring at him the entire time Yorktown and himself spoke. He wasn't sure if Enterprise wanted to smack or hug him but decided not to ask the impossible to please Kansen. He had enough problems to handle now and didn't need Enterprise to make it worse.

Speaking of problems, Kohaku had heard of the difficulties the Iron Blood were currently having with the paint he supplied them not that long ago, tho in his defence, it was never meant to glow pink in the dark. It must have been something Akashi added to the paint mixture last minute before shipping.

Now that Kohaku thought about it, Akashi did the last quality control checks before it was sent to the Iron Blood, so she could have easily added something in when he wasn't around—that and the smug smirk she gave him after the deal was made. 

So Akashi was to blame then... That sweet innocent sister...

And yet the Iron Blood would blame him regardless. It's easier to blame him over Akashi, who is protected by the rest of the Sakura Empire. Kohaku was the easy target because he worked independently, but Akashi wasn't.

"I can't do it..." Kohaku heard the strained voice of Yorktown over the radio.

"Yes, you can." 

"She said she can't do it!" Enterprise's frustrated voice cut him off.

"Go suck a lemon, Enty. I'm talking with Yorktown, not you."

"..."

The radio went silent.

Koahuku worked his way down to the Engine room and looked for reasons the engines wouldn't start, but everything had been fixed. He rubbed the sweat off his forehead and continued looking. The dozens of Manjuus around searched with little success.

"Screw it!" After hours of searching, Kohaku threw away his dignity and made the call.

After a few rings, someone picked it up.

"Hehehehe, Hello, Nya" The devious voice of Akashi entered his ears.

"Hey, Akashi"

"Akashi... What?"

*Sigh* 

Kohaku sighed at Akashi's smugness. "Hello, Akashi, Nya"

"Hehehe, what can I do for you, Nya!"