Predictable

Hey.

Let's get back to it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With sleep eluding her, Nagato walked alone around the water gardens of her shrine late at night. The moon shined brightly through the leaves of the Sacred tree and down upon the home of the Sakura Empire.

Leaving her sister Mutsu to snore quietly, Nagato needed air, so she spent the last hour traversing her home in quiet contemplation. Her ever-stalwart bodyguard Kawakaze was nearby but unseen by everyone, including her.

Why was the leader of the Sakura Empire sleepless this night?

The answer was simple.

Kohaku.

The Rogue Repair Ship that always appeared on her daily reports and complaints equally was a former member of the Sakura Empire but was foolishly disgraced. 

All because of fear.

Nagato sighed forlornly. She was told once that humans feared anything they didn't understand, and Nagato guessed that the Kansens weren't that different either. He was different, so he must have been a Siren experiment, and in their fear, they mistreated him for it.

Kohaku didn't help his case by being the biggest shut-in, he was part of the Sakura Empire, but less than 10% of the Shipgirls here had ever met him. He spent most of his time with Akashi or the other higher-ranking members of the Sakura Empire. 

 His antisocial behaviour only fueled the fires of suspicion.

"You aren't the type to sulk." 

Nagato turned to the voice and was surprised to see IJN Yamato.

The imposing woman stood before Nagato and towered over her. Everyone outside the Sakura Empire believed that Nagato was the only leader, but she and Yamato were equal in authority and power.

"I'm not sulking," Nagato frowned and turned away.

"And my dear Shinano doesn't get enough sleep," Yamato replied in amusement.

Nagato doesn't reply to her and looks down in thought.

"You're thinking about him, aren't you..."

Nagato looked up at her, shocked but recovered quickly. "No!"

Yamato smiles at her, amused at the reaction of the small Battleship. Seeing Nagato break out of the shell she showed the world and reveal her true colours was always refreshing.

"Look at this" Nagato pulls out a report and passes it to Yamato, trying to change the subject.

"Oh? What's this, I wonder" Yamato accepts the document and scans over the pages.