Heartbreak

Hey!

AI Generation is trying to impress me. Almost perfect if not for that damn headgear and missing corgi ear!  ^

Let's get back to it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Decisions...

Nagato was still kneeling low with her head touching the floor gently in a traditional dogeza pose, unmoving and quietly waiting for Kohaku to say or do something. The burning stare of Kawakaze was still present upon him as he stared at her lady.

Kohaku didn't know how long he thought about it. Thankfully, neither of the two other ladies present made a sound or move, which he appreciated because the swirling questions kept him from acting.

Did he want Nagato? 

Did he want to spite Akagi and Kaga?

Was he so weak that his baser instincts had to decide who he wanted and when?

Was he still in heat to want to bite Lady Nagato's neck and make her his without consideration to Nagato, Warspite or himself?

Kohaku didn't understand anything at the moment. He came to Azur Lane with a surefire plan to unite all the factions, but his heat ruined everything, and now, for some reason, nothing was making sense, and in everything he did, he second-guessed himself.

He felt his tails wrap around him, subconsciously trying to comfort him, but all they did was remind him of what he was, or so he thought.

Kitsune, Kansen, weapon or Human. What was he?

He felt more like a monster.

Here, he stood over the small form of the Sakura Empire's leader kneeling before him, and all he wanted was to take her as his mate. 

Monster or Animal, what was he?

Unaware of his dark thoughts, he shook his head and walked away without a sound or look back. He walked past Kawakaze, who stiffened at his approach but relaxed when he completely blanked her and continued without emotion or regard.

Kawakaze was torn. Again, the man who insulted her lady walked past her without a glance and away from Nagato's sincere apology. She looked at the man's back in both offence and surprise. She desperately wanted to shout out for him to stop and return for her lady's sake, but her instincts warned her to leave him be.

Kawakaze stiffened, and her fox ears flattened against her head when she heard the quiet sounds of sniffling coming from the temple. Kawakaze walked back into the temple to see Nagato sitting on the floor, crying quietly, trying to wipe away the tears upon noting her presence.

"My lady?" 

Wiping her swollen eyes gently and looking up at Kawakaze, she said, "I make no apologies for my current appearance, Kawakaze. My heart weeps, and so do my eyes."

Kneeling and bowing to Nagato, tears stinging her own eyes now, never having seen Nagato in such a state before, "I ask for no apologies from you, my lady. I merely do not wish to see you cry over him."

"Thank you, Kawakaze, but the pain hits harder than any high-calibre shell ever could," Nagato looked downcast and placed a hand over her heart.

"Heartbreak," Kawakaze muttered to herself.

Nagato looked at her for a moment before smiling sadly, "Heartbreak? Yes... I am heartbroken."

Kawakaze couldn't recall a single time a shipgirl had been heartbroken, at least not in this context; a fellow warrior falling in the heat of battle was not the same as what Nagato was feeling.