•High Inquisitor•

[Thought ]
[Spell ]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
But Y/N was definitely wrong, just like always. Things got even worse than he had expected.

During that night, in fact, Umbridge had been appointed as High Inquisitor by Cornelius Fudge himself, claiming that 'the situation at Hogwarts was way worse than they had expected, and that Umbridge's presence was necessary to bring the school back to its past splendor'.

Bullshit, according to Y/N.

Now she had the authority to participate to the lessons, and question the teachers.

And now, she could also decide if to fire them or not.

Needless to say, it was really annoying Y/N.

Later that day, they had Potions, and much to Y/N's annoyance, Umbridge was there too.

Snape gave each of them graded papers, on which he had got an E, while Umbridge kept questioning him.

Umbridge: So you applied for the Defense Against the Dark Art first?
She asked.

Snape: Yes.
He said flatly.

Umbridge: And how did it go?
She asked.

Y/N couldn't take it anymore.
Y/N: Well, obviously he didn't get it, Umbridge, or else he wouldn't be here teaching Potions, don't you think? Geez, I really wish I had him teaching me Defense Against the Dark Arts, rather than you.
He said, unable to restrain himself.

Hermione punched his arm.

Umbridge: I wasn't talking to you, Mr Potter!
She snapped at him.

Y/N could swear he saw Snaoe's lips curl into a smirk.

Snape: Dolores, you don't have the authority to discipline my students in my classroom.
He said.

She glared at Y/N.
She then walked towards him.

Umbridge: Mr Potter, it seems that those two weeks of detention did nothing to you. I suggest you to watch your back. You never know when something bad might happen.
She said, whispering in his ear.

Y/N smirked at her.
Y/N: I'll tell you something funny, Dolores. You know what bad thing can happen to you?
He whispered.

She gave him a puzzled look.
Y/N smiled madly at her.

Y/N: How about me setting you on fire?
He whispered.

She glared at him one last time, before storming off.

Snape approached him.
Snape: By the way, Potter. 10 points to Gryffindor.
He said, before going to scold Neville for melting his cauldron for the 3rd time.

Y/N smiled.
Y/N: I won't let you do as you please, Dolores. Not anymore.
He thought.

It was now evening, and Y/N had just left the Common Room, followed by Harry.

He couldn't find Snowball anywhere, and he was seriously starting to worry.

She usually would be on his bed, fast asleep, but that day, he hadn't seen her at all.

Harry: Stay calm, Y/N, we'll find her.
He said, as they got into the corridor where Mrs Norris had been attacked three years before.

Y/N suddenly stopped.

He could clearly see something small and white on the ground, not moving.

His heart started beating faster, now pounding loudly in his chest, as he started rushing towards it.

His worst fears were confirmed the second he saw it.

He stopped again.

Snowball was laying on the ground, her eyes widened, still like a statue.

Her eyes were plain, lifeless.

Harry looked at her in horror, and then at Y/N, who fell on his knees, beside her.

He lifted her up, his hands shaking violently, as he tried his best not to cry, but failing miserably.

Y/N: No... S-She...
He sobbed, his voice broken because of the tears.

Harry hugged him tightly, trying to comfort him.

But to no avail.
After all, a hug couldn't bring Snowball back to life.

Y/N: WHO! I WANT TO KNOW WHO DID THIS!
He shouted, his eyes flashing with rage.

Then, their eyes fell on the ground, where they saw a small piece of pink fabric.

They knew that fabric too well.

Everything just pieced back together.
Y/N got up, still holding Snowball's dead body.

His eyes had become dull, completely lifeless.

Harry looked at him, fearing the worst.
He knew that look way too well.
A shadow loomed over Y/N's face.

Y/N: That's it. She's dead meat.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
705 words.