•Telling the Truth•

[Thought ]
[Spell ]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lupin: Y/N, could you please tell me what's going on?
He asked, looking at him with a serious expression.

Harry looked at Y/N with worry.

Y/N: It's nothing.
He said, not even looking at him.
But Lupin didn't believe him.

Lupin: Y/N, I want you to tell me the truth.
He said.

Y/N: I already told you it's nothing. I'm fine.
He said, still refusing to look at him.

Lupin kneeled in front of him.
Lupin: I'm sick of repeating myself. First of all, you're not good at lying, and I'm not here to judge you. I just want to help you, if I can.
He said softly.

Y/N slowly raised his head.
Y/N: Please, don't tell anyone about this.
He said.

Lupin: I won't. You have my word.
He said.

Y/N took a deep breath.
Y/N: I've been expecting Magical Outbursts since my first year at Hogwarts.
He said.

Lupin: Magical Outbursts? How did it happen?
He asked.

Y/N: It happened for the first time when Lupin fell from his broom. I used a spell I didn't even know to save him. I still can't understand how or why it happened.
He explained.

Lupin: Have you told Dumbledore?
He asked.

Y/N nodded.
Y/N: He was the first person who knew about this. Since then, I kept experiencing Magical Outbursts frequently. Apparently, they're triggered by my emotions, and take the shape of Blue Flames. That's why I created that spell. I wanted to learn to control them. But... I can't.
He said.

Lupin looked at him, deep in thought.
Lupin: Well, usually, Magical Outbursts are experienced by kids, when they awaken their powers for the first time. But they're supposed to stop happening when they learn to use magic. In your case... It's different. Apparently, you're strong, but not strong enough to control your powers. While other people don't seem to have difficulty in controlling their emotions, you struggle. What triggered this one?
He asked.

Y/N's stomach lurched.
Y/N: Umbridge.
He said.

Lupin: Oh... Her. Why is she the cause?
He asked.

Y/N: She killed my cat.
He said.

Lupin: I see.
He said.

Y/N: I thought I was over it, since I took the matter into my own hands, and avenged Snowball by burning her office down.
He said.

Lupin: You... What?
He said.

Y/N: The day she killed Snowball, I burned her office down.
He simply said.

Lupin sighed.
Lupin: Listen, Y/N. It is the first time in the Wizarding World's history that this happens. I don't know how to help you, since Magical Outbursts should stop on their own. However, one thing is sure. We have to keep you away from things that might make you feel upset. As for now, they're just flames, but we can't be sure that things won't get worse.
He said, as he took the boy's hand.

Harry sighed.
Harry: I always told him to calm down.
He said.

Lupin: Just telling him that isn't going to work.
He said.

Y/N: How can I calm down when idiots like Malfoy exist?
He said.

Lupin sighed.
Lupin: I'm sure you'll figure something out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
543 words.