SIX.

— KIARA slept at Evelyn's that night, both of them too scared to be alone. The events of the day would definitely effect the for awhile.

"How are things with JJ?" Kie asked Evelyn, throwing her hair up into a bun to keep it out of her face. Evelyn shrugged.
"I don't know, one minute he's suddenly super protective or is talking to me and the next he's all pissed again." Evelyn tried not to think about JJ too much, she didn't want to let his shitty attitude bring down her mood anymore.

"I don't understand why he's acting so funny, he cares about you so much Ev. It makes no sense as to why he's acting like this." Kiara had suspected for awhile that JJ maybe had feelings for Evelyn, but this wasn't something she was going to tell her friend right now; she knew it wasn't what Evelyn needed.

"I just wish he would stop, like I want things to go back to how they were." Evelyn set up the spare mattress on the floor next to her bed, getting an extra duvet out her closet.

"Things will eventually." Kiara reassured her friend. The two both struggled to sleep that night, afraid of the nightmares they may have.

—————————————————————————

    "I MEAN it's obvious right?" John B said turning back to the others as he spoke. The group were all sat in the back of the van.  "A family heirloom. What better place to hide a message?" He continued as Pope examined the compass. "He had to know it was gonna get back to me right?"

   They all believed that's John B's theories were slightly crazy but no one wanted to destroy his hope. They had all seen how badly he struggled without his dad so they didn't want to be the one to bring him back to reality.

    "Yeah, it's possible." Kiara replied, she tried to sound as enthusiastic as possible but it was difficult as she knew it most likely wasn't.
   "It could also be possible that you're concocting wild theories to help, you know, deal with your said feels." Pope said harshly, earning a dirty look from the rest of the group.
   "Pope, come on." Evelyn sighed.

   "Bro, you know how I process my sad feels." JJ started, the rest of the group worried as to where this may lead. "Dank nugs and the stickiest of ickies, that's how I do it." He finished.
  "I'm not concocting, okay?" John B responded defensively. "My dads trying to give me a message."

   The group were struggling to support John B in this, they didn't want him to get too deep into this theory that it destroys him when he later realised it's all nothing; but they also didn't want to completely shut him down, knowing this was helping him cope.

   "If it helps you believe, John B" Kiara said, Evelyn agreeing with her.
   "Look, I don't need a therapy session, okay?" John B was becoming angry. "Look, I'm not tripping out." He sighed.
"It's okay to trip, bro, but-" JJ started before being cut off by John B.
"Look, my dad is missing okay?", "missing." John B turned his attention back to the road, not wanting to continue this conversation.

Things weren't easy after John B's dad went missing. The group suspected he was dead but not a single one of them could tell John B that, he was so hopeful at a chance of him being alive.
The group almost fell apart in these moments, they constantly found themselves arguing - the only thing keeping them together was the fact they had to be there for John B.

"You don't know what it's like to have the person closest to you vanish." He sighed. "And then have no idea what happened." Evelyn looked down at the floor, feeling somewhat guilty for ever judging the state John B was in.

    "Just wake up every morning wondering" The group let John B speak, none of them wanting to interrupt him. They understood it wasn't easy for John B to talk about his dad, so when he did they wanted to show him he had all of their support.