EIGHTEEN.

— "HE fucking shot her JJ!" Evelyn screamed, trying to force her way back to the runway.
"I know Evelyn. I know!" JJ was struggling to hold her back, the grip around her waist loosening. "But there's nothing you can do. It's not safe for you to be over there."
"I don't care. I'm going to fucking kill him!"

JJ managed to pick Evelyn up again, pulling her away as fast as he possibly could. She continued to scream out, kicking JJ in the shins so he would drop her.
"It'll be okay Evelyn, they won't just leave her there to die." JJ tried to calm her, although this wasn't quite working.

After much protest, Evelyn finally agreed to leave. JJ let go of her, standing close by to make sure she didn't run off again. The two headed back to the others; although Evelyn was desperate to go back there and give Rafe what he deserves, she knew it wasn't right.

"There goes the gold!" Pope called, Evelyn looked up as the plane they had just seen with Ward flew over them.
"Shit!" JJ kicked over a plastic chair next to him, it shattering into pieces. Evelyn sat back down in the corner, refusing to speak.
     All she wanted to do was scream.

    Pope had the same mindset as Evelyn; he picked up a baseball bat, destroying everything in his sight as he screamed. The others just stared at him in shock, completely frozen, Pope was never like this.

    Pope took a seat next to Evelyn as he began to cry. She shifted closer towards him resting her head on his shoulder.
     JJ made his way over, reaching out his hand to pass Pope his juul.
     "A little weed never hurt no one." He said as Pope stared up at him in confusion.
    "If you don't Pope, I will." Evelyn spoke.

    "JJ." Kiara sighed, JJ whipped his head around to look at her. "You know he doesn't smoke." She pointed out, pointing her head towards Pope.
  Pope took the juul out the JJ's hand, examining it for a moment.
   "Well, maybe not until today." JJ joked, taking a seat on the other side of Pope.
    He stared at the juul a little longer, slowly bringing it up to his mouth.

    "Yeah what is that gonna help?" Although Kiara was angry, her voice was still soft.
    "I lost my scholarship. Walked out in the middle of the interview. It's gone. It's not gonna happen." You could hear the pain in Pope's tone, Evelyn wrapped her arms around his waist, slightly pulling him into a hug.

     "You did that for us?" Kiara asked, she now seemed hurt also. This wasn't a good time for any of them and that showed.
     "No, not for us." Pope replied, standing up. "For nothing." He spat, looking Kiara in the eye.

    "I'm here for you Pope." JJ said, wrapping his arm around Pope's shoulders, patting his chest. "Welcome to my world, okay?"

    "Dude! Dude, you good?" JJ called. Evelyn turned around to see what the others were so excited about, just around the corner stood John B; who looked just as hurt as the others.
     Evelyn stood up, pushing past the others as she made her way towards him.

     Evelyn flung her arms around John B, pulling him into a hug. She knew the pain he was feeling,
  He returned the hug, resting his head on her shoulder.

     Sirens sounded from behind them, the group quickly raced to hide so they wouldn't be spotted.

   A little later on in the evening, John B asked Kiara to drive him down to the police station, the others tagging along.
     JJ was reluctant to let John B go in, knowing the police station wasn't the best place for any of them to go to.

    John B went inside, the others staying behind in the car. JJ and Evelyn were both sat in the back seats.
     "Hey, you okay?" JJ whispered, placing a hand on Evelyn's knee to gain her attention. She had been staring out the window, trying to distract herself from todays events.