TWENTY EIGHT.

"Guys, the thing Limbrey said, I don't think she meant to let it slip. She said the key leads to the Cross of Santo Domingo." Pope addressed the group. Evelyn lent her head back, about to fall asleep. Pope had dragged her out of bed this morning to join the group and she was far too exhausted for it.

      "Mhm." She mumbled, not actually listening to what Pope was saying. She rested her arm by the window, resting her head on her hand and closing her eyes.
     "Wait, can I see that?" JJ reached his hand out from the front of the car, Pope passing him the key.

    "Are we suppose to know what that is?" Sarah asked, who had been awfully silent this whole trip, along with John B.
     "I'm guessing it's some sort of historical artifact of great importance." Pope shrugged.
    "Well, according to the interwebs, it was a gift from New Spain to the Spanish king." Kiara read from her phone.

     "Can you guys stop talking, I'm trying to sleep here." Evelyn groaned, earning a glare from all of them. "What?" She asked.
    "New Spain? Is there an Old Spain?" JJ asked.
    "Shit, talk about over-gifting. Look at this thing." Kiara showed the group her phone, a picture of the cross filling up her screen.

     "Holy crap." Evelyn said as she inspected it.
     "So it's a giant ass cross." JJ pointed out.
    "Way to state the obvious, love." Evelyn teased.

   Evelyn cut the group out again, trying so hard to fall back asleep. It had been difficult to sleep at home with her mother constantly drunk downstairs, so the valued the mornings where she got to lie in.

     "Evelyn. Come on." JJ shook her as the group arrived at the nursing home. She groaned rolling over. He shook her again. "Wake up." He said.
    "Leave me be." She complained, swatting his hand away. He grabbed her, picking her up bridal style and dragging her out.

He then put her on the floor, forcing her to stand.
     "I hate you so much." She groaned, giving him the finger. As Pope got out, he addressed the group, "Hey, actually, I think I'm gonna do this one by myself." He said.
    "Oh really? So I just got out for no reason." Evelyn rolled her eyes, shaking her head.
    "Are you sure?" Kiara asked him.

      "Yeah. I can handle it. I don't really need you, so." Pope shrugged.
    "Oh, we're just all one big happy family today, aren't we?" JJ said sarcastically. Pope made his way into the nursing home, everyone else getting back in the car. John B rolled down the window,
    "Hey, man, pick you up in a bit." John B called out to Pope before they drove off.

    JJ joined Evelyn in the back, letting Kie take a seat up from. Evelyn rested her head on his chest, still trying to fall asleep. He traced his finger across her back in circular motions, planting a kiss on her forehead.

       "Remember when life was simple." JJ sighed.
   "Yeah, like seven days ago." John B responded. "I mean dude think about it, Ward's still out there, and he's got the gold."
    "I know, I know." JJ raised his eyebrows.
   "And he killed my dad."
   "John B, I know, and we won't let that go. But I'm worried about you, man. It feels like it's either you or him. And you know who else I'm worried about? Sarah." JJ started.

    "I mean, bro, like, it's her dad. You see what I'm saying?" JJ leaned closer as he spoke to John B, Evelyn had woken up in the back, she moved closer, listening to the two.
     "She knows what he did." John B responded, avoiding eye contact with both of them. "So what's the deal with this Limbrey chick?" He then asked them.

        "Pope said she has evidence on tape that could put Ward away, right?" He then asked.
   "I mean yeah, that's what he said." Evelyn shrugged, she didn't really know too much about the situation.
    "On the other hand, though, she did just try to kidnap Pope, and-" John B cut JJ off.
    "But think about it, all right? If we can get that evidence, it's done." He said.

body language   - JJ MaybankOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara