EIGHT.

— "THAT bread had mold on it three days ago." Pope gagged as JJ spread peanut butter across the bread. The group had arrived back at John B's place to examine the envelope they found.

  "I'll just pull off the bad parts." JJ shrugged. "Plus, mold is good for you. It's just a natural organism." He said confidently.
  "You actually make me sick." Evelyn gagged as she walked past JJ and sat with the others.

  They all sat there for a moment, patiently waiting for JJ to finish. Evelyn could feel John B shaking his leg under the table, she reached out her hand resting it on his knee to help calm him.
  John B looked up, giving her a warm smile.

  "JJ!" Kiara called, sick of waiting any longer.
  "Yup, yup." He hopped over to the table, standing above John B and Evelyn. "Hot damn! Let's do it." He said before taking a bite of his bread.

  As John B opened the envelope, JJ began to gag. Evelyn looked up in disgust as he spat out the sandwhich into his hand.
   "What the fuck! JJ that is actually disgusting." Evelyn screamed, pushing JJ away from her. He walked away, putting his left overs into the bin.

   The group sat in anticipation, none of them had any idea of what might be in this envelope; or even when it was placed there.
   John B pulled out a piece of paper, unfolding it and placing it on the desk. Evelyn leaned in for a closer look, and to get away from the smell of rotting bread coming from JJ.
   It seemed to be a map of some sort.
    "Holy shit." John B took a death breath, leaning back slightly to give the others a better view. Pope looked closer, spotting something.
   "Oh. X marks the spot." He pointed down at an X that was slightly off centre on the map.

    John B felt the envelope. There was a bulge at the bottom. He felt it for another second.
  "Wait there's something else in here." He reached his hand into the envelope pulling out a tape recorder. He began to examine it.
  "What's that?" JJ piped up, confused. Kiara looked up at him shaking her head.
  "It's a tape recorder, dumbass." She said.
  "Is today bully JJ day, 'cause if so I am here for it." Evelyn giggled. JJ smacked her on the head lightly. "Ow." She winced rubbing her head.
  "That didn't even hurt." He chuckled.

   John B pressed play on the tape recorder and his dad began to speak. He started talking about how he had found the Royal Merchant, and some sort of fight he and John B had.
   Evelyn quickly realised this recording was filmed awhile ago, before Big John went missing.
   The rest of the group looked around at each other, John B's focus was solely on the tape recorder. Evelyn moved her hand back to John B's knee, squeezing it tightly.

   Big John went on to talk about how the X on the map was where the Royal Merchant was, he had left the map there incase something went wrong. He asked John B to finish what he had started if anything was to happen to him.

   Evelyn felt as though they shouldn't be listening to this. This was meant for John B, and it was probably a lot for him to hear his dad's voice again. But she knew he would never admit that he wanted to do anything alone, the pogues were by his side always.

  "I'll see you on the other side." And with that the voice recording was over. Evelyn looked up at John B, who was hiding his emotion in his expression.
   John B stood up, moving away from the rest of the group. He threw himself on to frame, holding onto it for support; and just began to sob.

    "Holy shit, he did it!" JJ gasped, clearly not noticing John B's sudden breakdown. "Big John.. He found the Merchant." JJ threw his hands on in celebration before Kiara pulled them back down. 

  "Can you please?" She shifted her head over to John B. JJ quickly realised and went quiet.
  "Sorry." He whispered.

  Evelyn made her way over to John B, wrapping her arms around his shoulder from behind. Resting her head against him. He continued to cry, struggling to keep himself composed.
  After a moment he turned around, pulling Evelyn into a proper hug and crying onto her shoulder.