FOURTEEN.

— "YOU brought her here? So what? She's in on this now?" Kiara yelled. The group all looked back and fourth at each other, not sure how to respond.

John B had brought Sarah along, they had all met outside his place ready to go back to the house; not expecting Sarah to be there as well.

John B looked at the others for help, Pope shaking his head in refusal.
"Look, all I care about is her cut comes out of your share." JJ said pointing at the two.
"You know, I don't remember taking a vote." Kiara continued. "This is our thing." She did a circle motion with her hand. "A pogue thing."
"I gotta say, I'm just a tad uncomfortable with all of this." Pope admitted.
"When are you not uncomfortable?" John B complained.
"I dunno. I rode here on the back of JJ's bike pretty comfortably."
"It's true. Most relaxed I've ever seen him." JJ joked.

"You know we were all extremely comfortable until you brought her." Kiara rolled her eyes.
"Stop talking about me like I'm not here!" Sarah yelled.
"Then leave." Kiara crossed her arms.
"Guys can we all just shut the fuck up!" Evelyn shouted. "Sarah's here now, whether we like it or not. Let's just get this over with."

"Look cut the bullshit John B. If she's in I'm out." Kiara decided, causing John B to sigh.
"I'm not doing this. I can't!"
"You are gonna decide." Kie said. "I'm very interested actually. Me or her?"
"Both." John B shrugged. JJ, Pope and Evelyn all watched this go down from a distance.

Kiara stood for a moment, before storming off; slamming the door shut behind her. Sarah got up not long after, leaving just the four to sit in silence.

"I'd just like to say, you handled that beautifully." JJ stood up.
"Surely you should've known that wasn't going to go down well." Evelyn sighed, her head in her hands; John B following suit.

Pope left to speak to Kie, the others staying put; waiting for the group to come back together.

"What'd she say?" John B asked as Pope returned not long later. They were now all situated in the kitchen.
"That you're an idiot." Pope admitted.
"It's a no-brainer. You're picking Kie." JJ said as he swung open the fridge door.
"Look, I can't make a decision."
"John B, I know you're all lovely dovey with Sarah right now, but don't forget how much Kie has been there for you." Evelyn said.

"So what? We're just dead in the water because you're pussy-whipped." JJ complained. "We can't do this without Kie, and you know it."
"And I can't do it without Sarah." John B responded. "Okay? They both have to be in on it."
"Well good luck with that." Pope shrugged.
"You know what? I know this was my fault all right? But it's our problem." John B started to walk away.

"It's really not though is it John B?" Evelyn said. "We've already made our decision, you're the one holding us back."
"I've got a plan. And you shitheads are gonna help me out." John B pointed at them.

—————————————————————

"What happened?" Kie asked as she hopped onto the boat.
"Uh, the alternator's, not alternating anymore." JJ said, messing with something on the boat.
"It's not charged." John B explained.

"You guys are useless." Kiara said, getting down to help.
"They asked me to help, don't know why they thought I would know what to do." Evelyn shrugged. They all left Kiara to it.

The three jumped off the boat into the water, swimming off towards Pope. The climbed onto Pope's boat, driving off much to Kie and Sarah's dismay.

"So, do you really think this is gonna work?" Evelyn asked, stealing JJ's t-shirt to throw over her swimsuit.
"Well, one can hope." John B sighed.
"Hey who said you could use my shirt?" JJ asked pointing at Evelyn.
"I did." She smirked.