NINE.

— JJ whistled, tilting his sunglasses.
"What?" Evelyn asked. The group were all out on the water, enjoying a relaxing day of summer for once.
"You guys see that." JJ nodded his head to a boat in the distance. "That's the Malibu 24-MXZ, the worlds finest wakesetter." Evelyn nodded, pretending she had any idea what JJ was on about.

"Number one in luxury, quality and performance." He continued. "200k easy." The boys all admired the boat as it came their way. It seemed as though Evelyn was the first one to recognise who was on it.

"Oh look John B, it's your arch nemesis." Ev laughed pointing to the boat. Topper was driving the boat, his hand wrapped around Sarah's waist.
As they went past Sarah took of her glasses placing them on her head. Evelyn gave her a warm smile, only to receive a dirty look in return.
"You don't have to act like you don't see us, bitch." Kiara shouted.

"Are you okay?" JJ asked coming to sit next to Evelyn. "You've been off all morning." Evelyn tried to hide the smile on her face, it made her happy to know JJ took notice of those things.
"Yeah I'm fine, I just bumped into Rafe last night." She sighed, remembering what had happened.
"Really, what happened?" JJ looked shocked.
"Nothing really, he asked to get back together and I told him no." Evelyn shrugged.

"If he tries something again, let me know." Evelyn nodded, looking up at JJ and smiling.
"Thank you." She replied.

———

"Hey JJ, pass me another beer would you?" Evelyn asked, reaching her hands out ready to catch. JJ looked down to the cooler before looking back up again.
"Should you really be drinking another beer Ev?" He asked, tilting his sunglasses down and giving her a suspicious look.
"Yes. What do you think i'm drunk or something?" She laughed.
"Stand up." JJ said, ushering with his hands. "Come on stand up." Evelyn shook her head laughing before pushing herself up. As she did she stumbled slightly before gaining her balance.
"See I'm fine." She began dancing around, causing the group to laugh as they watched. Evelyn wasn't looking at the floor and therefore didn't notice the wet patch until it was too late.
She stepped right into it, her foot sliding across the floor. She tried to regain her balance but couldn't, instead she continued to slipped falling backwards and off the boat into the water.

"Evelyn!" JJ called out racing to the side of the boat. John B turned off the engine to stop the boat from moving.
After a couple seconds Evelyn popped her head up from underneath the water. She held her nose tightly before blowing, attempting to get as much water out as possible.

"Help!" She called, stretching her arms out to JJ who was sat uncontrollably laughing. Once he had contained himself he reached his hands out, grabbing hers and lifting Evelyn back onto the boat.

"You still want that other beer?" He asked teasing. Evelyn scoffed, shaking her wet hair in his face.

—————————————————————————

"All right, keep a look out." JJ said as they pulled up. "We're behind enemy lines." He opened up the glove compartment, pulling his gun out. John B immediately shook his head.
"Yo, come on, man. Just put it back." He protested, turning the engine to the van off.
"What?" JJ said checking out the gun.
"JJ." John B shook his head.
"You can never be too careful." JJ shrugged.

"Hey, I predict that bringing a weapon to a four-star hotel will likely cause more problem than they solve." Pope hopped out of the van, standing on the other end of the window.
"Thank you Pope." JJ rolled his eyes.

Kiara poked her head from the back of the van, giving JJ a stare.
"I swear to God, im gonna throw that thing in the ocean, JJ." She said.
"I'm with you on that one." Evelyn laughed jumping out of the van, standing alongside Pope.

John B snatched the gun out of JJ's hand, shoving it back into the glove compartment quickly before anyone might've seen.
"There you go." Pope teased.
"You can't grab a gun like that." JJ scolded.
"Oh, so we're a gun expert now are we?" Evelyn widened her eyebrows as she looked at JJ.

     "So, where are we going now?" Pope asked as the group began to walk off, the plan hadn't really been finalised.
    "We're getting on the internet because only rich people have electricity right now." JJ scoffed. "This way." He put on an accent as he pointed to a building.

   "Andrew!" JJ called as the group entered a kitchen. Evelyn looked at Kie confused, having no idea what was going on, Kie shrugged signalling she had no idea either. "What's up, bro?" JJ made his way through the kitchen, the rest of the group following him like lost puppies.
   "Mama L, good to see you." JJ put on a charming smile as he picked something off the plate.
  "Hey, no!" The woman called slapping JJ's hand wirh a wooden spoon.

   "See they've got the backup generators going? Kooks don't miss a beat." Evelyn could've sworn JJ gave her and Kie a look as he said this, but she couldn't be too certain.
   JJ lead them all into some sort of computer room, he peaked his head around the door, checking for anyone before making his way inside.

   "Sweet lord, the internet!" Pope raced to the computers in excitement. "I've missed you." Pope sighed taking a seat.
   "Let me get in there, gotta check on my insta models." JJ took a seat, earning a scoff from Evelyn. He tried to look up at her but she avoided eye contact.
   "We don't have time." Kie rolled her eyes.

   John B got the map out, reading the coordinates to Pope as he typed it into the computer. Pope zoomed in trying to figure out exactly where the coordinates led to.
    Evelyn kept watch by the door. She started to hear voices outside, which sounding like they were coming this way.
   "Guys. I think people are coming." Evelyn warned. The people walked past, giving the group some more time.

   JJ started to speak about some sort of drown, which could help them find the treasure below.
He said he wasn't sure how he would get is as his dad had been fired.
    "How much did you say was on the Royal Merchant again?" Kie asked John B.
  "400 mill." Pope ran up to the door, stretching his arms out to block it.
  "No. Absolutely not. Absolutely not. No!" Kie tried to pry Pope out of the way.
"Pope! move." She snarled. She managed to move him out of the way, walking out the door.

   "Pope we're not stealing the drone, we're borrowing it." John B reassured Pope. He wasn't too pleased that the group had to go to these lengths to get the Royal Merchant money.
   "Humans are the only animal that can't tell fantasy from reality." Pope said.
   "Did you come up with that?" John B joked.
   "Albert Bernstein came up with that, but it applies to this whole treasure-hunting thing." Pope replied.
   "Pope if you don't want to do this, you don't have to come along you know that right?" Evelyn pointed out. Pope shook his head.
   "No, we're pogues. We do this together." He said.