SEASON TWO: TWENTY.

— EVELYN hadn't left her bed in what felt like forever. She arrived home that night and hadn't left her room since. JJ had been staying with her, the two needing each other more than ever.
     JJ was coping a lot better than Evelyn, he was able to shut off his feelings to be able to help her.

      The mattress no longer sat on Evelyn's bedroom floor, the two had resorted to sleeping in the same bed; both of them needing as much comfort as they could get.
     Neither of them had discussed the kiss they almost shared that night, neither of them were ready for that talk.

      "JJ, I don't think I can go." Evelyn stood by her bedroom mirror. Holding her dress up to her body, brushing out the creases with her hand. Today was Peterkin's funeral, the whole island had been invited and Evelyn wanted to go; she felt like she owed that to Peterkin after watching her die.

   JJ joined Evelyn in the mirror, bringing his hand up to her shoulder, spinning her around to face him.
    "You don't have to go. If you don't think it's good for you, then don't feel like you have to." He kept his hand on her shoulder, holding eye contact. Evelyn sighed, throwing her dress onto her bed.
    "I know I don't have to, but I want to." Evelyn ran her fingers through her chocolate hair, moving it out of her face. "I want to pay my respects."

    JJ moved behind Evelyn, grabbing her hand and pulling the hair tie off her wrist. The two were now facing the mirror again, as JJ pulled her hair into a bun, keeping it out of her face.
     "I wish I could be there with you." He said to her, the group had decided it was best if only one of them went. The group still weren't very liked as John B continued to be accused for her murder, so them all showing up together didn't sound like a good idea.

     "I'll be okay." Evelyn looked at herself in the mirror. Over these days she's just had to remind herself that she's had it easier than Peterkin, and John B, and Sarah. She winced at the thought of them, the feeling was still strong.

   JJ left Evelyn's room as she got ready. She slid into her black dress, it was slightly tight but it was the only thing she had. She pulled her hair back out of the bun JJ had done before, clipping it back up with a black claw clip.
      She didn't bother putting on any makeup, knowing it wouldn't be long until she was crying it all off.

   JJ drove Evelyn down, knowing she wasn't in the position to drive herself.
     "Just call me when you want me to pick you up." He said, giving her a reassuring look. "It'll all be okay." He placed a hand on her knee.
    "Thank you." Evelyn gave him a smile before opening the passenger door and jumping out of the car.

    Evelyn headed to the large crowd of people , all dressed in black. The first person she had spotted was Rafe, her first instinct being to launch herself at him. But she didn't think she needed to, he already looked like he felt guilty.
     Instead she just stared at him, her anger reflecting in her eyes. He finally noticed her, turning his head to look at her. He nervously gulped before turning back away, avoiding eye contact.

     Evelyn could only manage a couple moments at the funeral. Seeing Rafe's face made this all the more harder for her. She stepped away, pulling her phone out of her clutch and dialling JJ's number.

    "I can't do it." She cried. "Can you come pick me up." Her voice was shaky. There wasn't a single moment of silence on the other end before JJ responded.
   "I'll be right there." He said before hanging up the phone.

    It wasn't long before JJ had pulled back up in Evelyn's car, he must've known Evelyn wouldn't manage being there for too long.
    Evelyn slowly got into the car, closing the door and wrapping the seatbelt around her.
    "Can we go to the chateau?" Evelyn asked, the only single time she left her room was for the 'funeral' the group had done for John B, and Sarah.