chapter 10

He awoke at midday to find the sun shining on him, he smiled slightly before getting dressed and making his way to Shinobu's office, she opened the door fairly quickly "you coming with me to see the master about the rules I have to go back" he said and she nodded.

"of course" she says before shutting the door, they both made their way to the Ubayshiki estate stopping outside when they made it, a few minutes later while they were talking his wife came out announcing Kagaya was ready to see them.

They nodded and followed her to the master, immediately bowing when seeing him "hello my children" Kagaya said "good morning master, I hope you are in good health" giyu spoke shocking Kagaya as giyu wasn't one to talk.

Shinobu just smiled, proud of how far he made it he nodded "I am my dear child, now please the both of you take a seat" he replies showing them the futons, they both nod and sit down on their knees, "So giyu, there will be rules that will have to take place for you to continue working as a demon slayer" Kagaya says.

"so number 1 your Katona will be taken away from you after a mission and you will not be allowed it until you get better 2 you will take therapy sessions with shinobu as she is a professional therapist number 3 you will always be accompanied with someone on a mission" Kagaya says

"do you agree to these conditions" he added, giyu was in thought, what if he just quit? "Giyu?" shinobu says he quickly shakes his head "what? oh yeah I agree" he says and Kagaya nods proud "you may go now" he finishes.

Tomioka walked out of there as fast as he could, he was approaching a tree when he punched it "fuck" he mutters annoyed that he was practically being treat like a child "giyu? are you okay?" she asks weary of him.

"THIS IS SO FUCKING STUPID, IM NOT A CHILD, SO WHY AM I BEING TREATEN LIKE ONE" he shouts punching the tree "stupid, stupid, stupid" he mutters "Giyu. stop" shinobu says worried "NO, I MIGHT AS WELL NOT BE A HASHIRA" he shouts before turning around and collapsing against the tree, head in arms.

"I just want everything to be okay" he mutters, she sighs as she sits next to him wrapping an arm around him "everything will be okay, its only for a few months until you feel better" she says "its never going to be better, I've felt like this for 9 years, its never going to fucking change" he says.

"I'm sorry, you should just go, I'm not worth it" he mutters, shinobu sighs again, a sad sought of sigh "don't say that, you are worth it, I wouldn't be here if I didn't think so" she says and he nods leaning his head onto her shoulder as tears fell freely from his eyes.

Kagaya smiled as the scene was explained to him, he was happy that his child was expressing emotions, and someone was there for him but sad that he felt like he did.

Words: 532