chapter 15

They smiled at each other before he made his way over there and cuddled her, she immediately hugged back "did you go see the master?" she asked and he nodded.

He wasn't a hundred percent happy as it had only been one day but shinobu was making today a whole lot better.

"how are you" she asked and he hugged her tighter "I miss him" he says and she nods "me too" she replies with a sad smile "did you clean the mess?" he questioned breaking the hug and looking around the kitchen seeing no mess.

She nodded "you didn't have to, I would've cleaned it" he says "its fine you were not okay to do it" she says "but shinobu neither are you" he whined and she laughed "its fine" she replies he shakes her head and hugs her again as a thank you

"is it going to be always like this" he asks "no it will get better eventually, now let me drink my morning coffee" she says and he laughs, though it doesn't feel right. they pull away and shinobu drinks her coffee.

~an hour later~

They had both gotten out the house, shinobu going back to the butterfly estate to do her duties and giyu went on a walk to clear his mind from what had happened over the past few days

He loved shinobu, but sometimes he thought it would be better if he didn't and never knew her or got close to her, as they were demon slayers she could easily get hurt.

He was in thoughts when he came to a realization where he was, he was in a forest away from his estate and everyone else, he was about to walk back when he heard a laugh.

"oh look another Hashira" he said jumping down from the tree, revealing a striped demon, uppermoon 3 it said in the eyes, and Giyu's blood boiled realizing that this was the demon that killed Rengoku *caw caw the Hashira meeting started 5 minutes ago*

"Kanzaburo, inform the Hashira's that uppermoon three is with me" he said to his crow and it did exactly that, giyu had been walking for about three hours, so it will probably take one and a half for them to come.

Akaza laughed "By the time, they get here, you'll be dead as can be" the demon said "what like Rengoku, you killed my best friend" he seethed gripping on to his katana and getting it out. (he had being giving his katana as he was going on a walk and might see demons, also he was getting better)

"oh he was your friend was he" Akaza laughed, this demon really didn't know what was coming for him, Giyu was seething, the anger boiling inside his veins "shut up and lets get this over with" Giyu shouted running to him and cutting his arm of which he didn't see.

"why the fuck can't I feel your presence" the demon shouted agitated "aww can you not feel my presence, maybe I'm dead" giyu said, he was just winding him up at this point Akaza ran for him so fast that giyu couldn't dodge the attack.

He was thrown against the tree, and he gave a heart laugh "is that all you got I've been hurt way worse trust me" he said, he was very much in pain but he has grown to hide it "he ran to Akaza going for his head and cut his other arm of instead. *why is he renigating so fast* thought giyu

~after an hour~

Giyu had activated his mark making Akaza fighting him harder as he was a lot faster, and he was still very angry, don's make a quite person angry they say and giyu was proving them right.

Giyu appeared behind him without Akaza noticing and cut his head of just in time for Gyomei and shinobu to come, he saw shinobu and smiled before passing out "GIYU" shinobu shouted running up to him.

"the demons gone, giyu defeated uppermoon three by himself?" questioned Gyomei "yes but giyu has passed out he's still breathing but he has got loads of wounds, sorry to be a bother but could you carry him again" Shinobu says. Gyomei nods

shinobu stood up confused as she saw a mark on Giyu's face when she first saw him but now there was no mark, leaving her very confused and then realised master had something about a demon slayer mark

~an hour ago with the Hashira's~

There was a meeting and for some reason giyu hadn't came which worried the other Hashira's "caw caw giyu has encountered uppermoon three needs assistance* Kanzaburo screeched and everyone looked shocked but shinobu look worried as hell

"shinobu and Gyomei this will be your mission go quickly" the master said and they both ran to the location of where it was.

After an hour they finally got there but shinobu saw the sight of Giyu cutting Akaza heads off but he was bleeding very badly, he smiled at her before passing out.

~present with the Hashira's now~

*caw caw Tomioka giyu has killed uppermoon three by himself but is now in critical condition and might not survive* The Hashira's crows screeched.

Mitsuru was worried and crying very hardly as she considered giyu as a brother, while Iguro comforted her while also crying the tiniest bit, he would never admit it though.

Sanemi was shocked and was very surprised that giyu had defeated uppermoon 3 by himself, he had decided now to treat giyu better, he didn't know why he didn't before but he will now.

Uzui was shocked and kind of upset that giyu could be dead soon as he had gotten close to the boy, he ran to his estate and told his wife's about while tearing up about it.

Muichiro teared up as him and giyu would watch the clouds but then quickly forgot why he was crying and who giyu was.

Kagaya was shocked and upset that another one of his children might die and giyu at that, he wouldn't admit it to anyone but he was one of his favourites .

~back with Gyomei, shinobu and unconscious Giyu~

They were just walking, when they heard a groan come from giyu, they immediately stopped to check if he was okay, they layed him down on the grass before shinobu checked his pulse which was slowly getting better. Shinobu breathed a breath of relief

~ a hour later when they get to the butterfly estate~

They went to the Hashira room number 1 and layed giyu on the bed, before hooking him up to a heart monitor, she then went on to check is wounds as she is now the only one in the room.

She took of his haori, then his shirt blushing profusely, he had a sharp cut on his chest that was bleeding, a few broken ribs and he had a concussion.

She got to work on stitching his chest before then bandaging it, she then went on cleaning the wound on his head.

After that she put his shirt back on but folded his haori on the back of a chair before getting another chair and putting it beside his bed and then sitting on it.

~ A few days later~

Giyu awoke with a sharp pain his head, he sat up wincing when a soft gentle hand was placed on his shoulder pushing him back onto the bed "lay down" she says "ugh where am I" he says flinching at the cracks in his voice.

She got up and got him some water giving it to him before sitting back where she was, After he had finished she put it on the bedside table "Are you okay?" she asked and he nodded "although everywhere is a bit sore" he says leaning his head to the side looking at her.

He winced in pain as his headache was gradually getting worse and he had just turned his head, she looked at him deeply worried "do you have a headache" she asks and he nods yet again.

She got up and gave him 2 paracetamol which he took sitting up , shinobu helping him to do so, after he placed the water back on the bedside table he smiled a hearty smile,showing that he was getting better.

Words: 1400