Chapter 4

Abhinav is rushing to the hospital, it's been 10 days since Akshara and her son were hospitalized. They are desperately waiting for a positive response of their recovery. Today he received a call from his Vikram bhai, requesting his presence at the hospital.

On reaching NICU, he came across his bhai who is pacing around, his face clearly depicting his worry. Bhai...called Abhinav gaining Vikram's attention. Nav...Vikram sighed a breathe glad with Abhinav's presence.

Bhai is everything ok? questioned Abhinav reaching Vikram.

Patha nahi Nav. Dr.Shah ne unka duty round kar raha tha. Unhone chotu ko kuch tests keliye bheja tha. Reports ke saath andar gaya tha, abhi tak bahar nahi aya. Aur todi der pehele Pari bhi andar gayi, mujhe bahut dar lag raha he aur....aur maa bhi unki patient ka session le rahi thi, tho mujhe kuch samaj nahi arahe tho maine tumehe call kiya...said Vikram in one go.

Bhai... bahi please relax saying Abhinav made Vikram sit on a bench near by and offered him a glass of water. Bhai aap bhi doctor hai agar aap asi gabaragayi tho hume kaun samjayega...said Abhinav.

I know ..I know I should be the strong one and I'm supposed to pacify everyone, but I can't help it... it's about my sister and her happiness and I'm worried...said Vikram.

Abhinav is about to pacify his worried brother, but then Dr.Shah walked out of NICU followed by Pari. Vikram immediately rushed to the doctor and questioned...Dr.Shah is everything alright? How's chotu?

Dr.Sharma, let's move to my cabin, I have something to discuss said Dr.Shah. Abhinav, Vikram and Pari walked towards Dr.Shah's cabin.

The whole while Vikram is stressed, while Abhinav looked at Pari to get a hint about the current situation if possible. When Abhinav looked at Pari, all he could see is relief and happy face and Pari turned towards Abhinav and blinked her eyes with a radiating smile.

And he got the hint that it's gonna be a good news, he badly want to notify his brother who is tensed, but dropped it because his brother is not in a state to observe things and take hints. It would be better if he listens it from the doctor himself as he is professional expert.

Have a seat Dr.Sharma said Dr.Shah while looking into the reports. Once he made a concrete diagnosis after going through the reports Dr.Shah started....Congratulations Dr.Vikram Sharma ur nephew is out of danger and is all hail and healthy(Vikrams's tensed face is replaced with happy face). As per the reports his respiratory system is developed to the point where the baby can breathe on his own without support. However precautions are needed make sure that the baby is kept warm, avoid cool baths and as the baby will be breast fed the mother should avoid consumption of cool food.

Dr.Shah he is completely fine right? questioned Pari. Yes...he is fine answered Dr.Shah. He is completely recovered naa? Pari questioned again.

Dr.Shah rested back on chair and looked at Pari and spoke....Pari ur a Pediatrician yourself and you looked into the reports too.

I know Dr.Shah that I'm being unreasonable, it's just that....paused Pari while speaking. I always had this question when the patient or their attendant keep on asking the same question multiple times, but today I realized the power of reassurance, thank u so much Dr.Shah...said Pari.

My pleasure...He will be discharged in 2 days. I know ur are well aware of the upcoming check up plan Dr.Pari, however it's my duty so... until he turns 6 months his monthly check ups are a must, looking into his health and development we will plan his vaccination shots. Any questions?....spoke Dr.Shah.

Coming out of Dr.Shah's cabin, Vikram, Pari and Abhinav hugged and congratulated each other. Abhinav moved to Akshara's ward to share good news with her while Vikram and Pari called their family members to inform them the happy news.