Chapter 22

Abhimanyu stepped up taking a look at Akshara, after a deep breath.....Mam, I'm not coming up with any excuses of my behavior towards my wife 6 yrs back. I'm at fault and I'm accepting it. Loosing my child, on a verge of loosing my brother clouded my rationality and verbally abused my wife to a great extent and I'm accountable for my deeds and due punishment. She called me Mam, she called me to inform about my kid, my Abhir being alive, but with my mother fighting for her life in hospital, with the fear of losing of my only relation at that time, I didn't even hear what she want to say, in fact I asked her not to call me again. It took me months, months to get my senses back, to get a reality check of how an ass I was to my broken wife. 

Sir from the day of our marriage instead of spending a quality time as husband and wife, all we did is solve the problems that are arouse in the family be it related to us or not. I wouldn't even be surprised if my wife hates me. Being or trying to be a trust worthy son, brother and nephew, I failed being a trust worthy husband. With all these faults, mistakes and sins, even now I couldn't let go off my wife and son, I want a chance just one single chance to prioritize my marriage, my wife and my child above all, as I failed to do earlier. Please Mam....one single chance.....to rectify my mistakes..... Abhimanyu spoke his heart out.

Akshara gone back to those days, where they have been running around solving issues within the families, caused by both internal and external factors. Kairav scoffed at Abhimanyu's words while the Goenka elders especially Manish remembered those days when Abhimanyu is doing all he can to fight for his love.

On the other hand Manjari is angry with Abhimanyu when he requested a chance with Akshara. When he indirectly blamed her and her actions for his broken marriage.

The judge after an ample amount of time spoke.......With a consideration that the both parties are not divorced and also it involves a child and his well being.....the verdict here by is (Abhimanyu waited with a bated breath) Taking account of Mr.Birla's confession and request, Mr and Mrs Birla are given a time of 6 months to work out on their marriage and also they will be undergoing sessions of couple counselling from the Govt authorized professionals. After 6 months on the date xx/xx/xxxx, the couple will be summoned to the family court and Mr & Mrs. Birla will be given a choice to decide if they wants to stay in this marriage or not. Any objections?

Abhimanyu shed tears in happiness, while Akshara sat stoic as she had predicted the outcome.

She stood up and said.....My Lord, I have a request.

Go on....said the Judge.

If ever something happens to me, I want full custody of my son to my maternal family.... requested Akshara. 

This caused as uproar and it hurt Abhimanyu that Akshara doesn't feel safe in his home. 

What does this girl think of herself? How dare she put a condition to bring my grandson to his home?....said Manjari.

What is Akshara saying?.....said MG. What will happen to her?.....said Swarna.

Keeping aside whatever Akshara meant it is good that atleast she trust us with Abhir.....said Suhasini.

But dadi....Kairav got cut by AG.....Maa is right Kairav, Akshara is just being too much all these days with us, but atleast she knew what her family is capable off.

Harsh scoffed at Akhilesh's words, which angered the Goenka's. Before they could bash Harsh, they heard Akshara saying.....

My Lord, please don't consider it as a condition or my opposition to ur verdict, please consider it as a mother's plea to safeguard her child's life.

In all this the Sharma's remained calm, as Akshara has already notified them about the verdict that will be favorable to Abhimanyu as they are not divorced.