Chapter 23

Abhimanyu is eagerly waiting to welcome his Akshu and junior. He wanted to pick them up from the Sharma's house, however Harsh requested him to let him do this. Harsh felt that he need to assure the Sharma's regarding Akshara's and Abhir's wellbeing. He instinctively knew that the Sharma's are not Goenka's, they are not hypocrites, they are not those families that will scape goat one of their kids for the others happiness. He knew that the Sharma's genuinely consider the Akshara and Abhir as their own and they need the Birla's assurance for their well being and Abhimanyu's track record doesn't help, as a matter of fact none's, however he want take up that stand which he failed to do in the past.

............

Harsh from the side is witnessing the farewell among the Sharma's, that was when Kailash stood next to him and asked....What's with this sad face Mr.PR? 

I'm wondering if I should be happy for my son or feel worried for my daughter. She suffered a lot in that house in the hands of the man who claimed and fought for her and her love and now she will be facing those people who one time or the other hurt her. On the other hand my son, I couldn't blame him alone for all the mess in his life, infact he never had a normal childhood..... he grew up fast to take care of his mother from his father's hate, he matured fast to take care of his brother from his unbothered father, he raised himself as his mother kept wooing her husband who in the first place never wanted her and he never realized his bitter childhood will make him a bitter husband to his wife and ruin all his chances to be happy at his life.

These years made me realize that I'm no saint either, in my ego and anger towards Abhimanyu as he kept defending his mother from my wrath not even listening to my point of view I failed to recognize that he is being used and emotionally abused by his mother for her own selfish needs. I failed to guide him through life making me equal culprit for ruining Akshara and Abhimanyu's life....Harsh expressed himself to his friend.

I cannot pacify u saying all will be good on its own, because it never will, we need to put efforts to make things work. U got a chance make use of it. But definitely warn ur son and especially ur ex-wife, a tear from my Akshu's eyes they will be screwed......Kailash warned Harsh.

Harsh said irritated.....Stop addressing her as my wife, infact forget she existed ever. And why are u using me as ur mediator? U urself warn them tomorrow when u will dine with us.

Are u inviting us Mr.Birla?.....questioned Kailash. Well ur smart enough to understand....said Harsh.

Harsh walked towards Sumitra and said.....Mrs.Sharma I'm inviting ur entire family for lunch tomorrow. Sumitra nodded in acceptance.

Yaa...Ya....formally invite me too....said Kailash.

Harsh kept his hand on Kailash shoulder and said.....Kal ghar pe kaane ke liye aajaa.

Harsh left picking up Abhir in one hand and wiping his tears with the other, leaving an sulking Kailash and giggling Sharma family.

Dost pe dushman mila......

................

Ending Abhimanyu's anxiety Harsh's car entered the gates. Abhimanyu immediately rushed out to welcome his family.

Once he opened the door Abhir jumped on him, Abhimanyu balanced him with one hand and with the other he opened Akshara's car door and forwarded his hand, however Akshara ignored it and moved to the back to empty her luggage. 

The house help took the bags, while Abhimanyu carried Abhir towards the entrance followed by Harsh. Sensing there is no movement from Akshara, Abhimanyu looked behind.....there stood Akshara lost looking at the BH. She remembered both good and bad moments associated with the house as well as it's members. A shiver ran her spine when she remembered her last moments in this house, she wanted to run away from this place....far away where those taunts and blames that haunt her.