Chapter 25

Abhimanyu sat at the edge of the platform, observing what all Akshara has been doing. He has many questions that are eating up his mind, but those can wait. 

Meanwhile Akshara also had many thoughts running in her mind, however she just shooed them away concentrating the routine which she had been doing all these years for her daughter. She washed the entire area, then sat down cleaning the pot and later smearing turmeric paste all over. She watered the plant and then decorated the plant and the pot with flowers, she then lit a diya followed by dhoop sticks. She closed her eyes and recited her prayers.

Once done she walked to the platform and settled down the other edge. There is complete silence for few minutes. After what felt an eternity, Abhimanyu looked at Akshara and questioned....This?....

While birthing Abhir, doctors noticed a small tissue hanging to the embryo sac. After further observation doctors concluded that it is the ruminants of one of the twins whom I miscarried. Maa and Papa didn't know what to do, they neither can do the last rites nor just throw away. So they buried it here pointing at the plant. 

This is the Sharma's ancestral house, they buried it here so that they can leave me a memory of my child. They took care of this place, until I'm capable of taking care of it. Later on I purchased this area. 

I mean not the house, but this small plot. I'm grateful for them, their thoughtfulness had given me a memory of my child. I don't know why, but I desperately wanted to own this place (pointing at the plant). After numerous pleadings and negotiations they sold me this plot. Those four boulders are the limitations.

Can I go and touch the plant?....Abhimanyu asked permission. Akshara just nodded in yes unconsciously. 

Abhimanyu took hesitant steps towards the plant. With each step he is taking he had flashes of the past. Him 1st time knowing that he will be a father, him knowing Akshara's life risk with this pregnancy, Abhimanyu's decision to terminate pregnancy, 1st time when they looked into the sonography together, coming to know that they are gonna be parents for twins, them breaking down, they took a decision to continue the permanency, him being protective about his Akshu as he is paranoid of loosing her, then comes the disastrous day and the events followed.

Slowly Abhimanyu sat down next to the plant, he just kept caressing the pot just to sink in the feel of embracing his child. His desire to embrace his kid consumed him and he just engulphed the plant in a tight hug. He just leaned his forehead to the pot and whispered..Pa....pa....papa is sorry Pari, Papa is very sorry.....papa couldn't save u, papa is sorry....sorry.

Abhimanyu kept sobbing and apologizing to his child all the while hugging the plant. In all this Akshara stood at a corner looking at Abhimanyu who is sobbing, she just got rooted to the spot.

..............

Harsh walked into his cabin in the Birla Hospital. He had a very tired day as it the 1st hearing of the case filed. His had to represent the Birla Hospital as the entire administration is run by him. After a few minutes Anand Birla knocked his door....Harsh the Minister is all good to discharge, look into it....said Anand while settling himself on the chair. 

I'll take care of it....replied Harsh. After a moment Anand questioned.....What's with the court case?. Harsh sighed and said.....Next hearing is after 2 months. For now it is looking favorable and our legal team is really doing a good job, if this continues the case will be dismissed in our favor.

Anand and Harsh had spoken for a while here and there things related to the hospital and both dispersed to their respective works.

.............

Somewhere far from the city in an old warehouse, an unofficial meeting is held among the government officials. By the look of their faces one could decipher the seriousness of the issue. 

Naya Adhyay (New Chapter)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें