24 [part one]

"Tate," Nixon mumbled between kisses

"Tate," Nixon mumbled between kisses. "Are you sure about this?"

Was I sure?

Wasn't that the question I was meant to be asking him? I was the one who kissed him, after all.

"Are you sure?" I fired back.

Nixon stared at me, his brown eyes shining like pools flooded with desire. "Is that even a serious question?"

"Then hush," I mumbled, capturing his lips again.

Nixon rolled his eyes, but he didn't say anything else. His hand raised to run through my dark hair, and my grip on him tightened. Many things were running through my mind, but I tried to push all those thoughts away. I didn't want to focus on anything else other than Nixon.

I placed my hand on his chest and pushed him back against the couch. Nixon easily complied, laying down on the brown furniture and pulling me with him. I tug on his shirt, wanting to feel more than just the fabric. I wanted to see him.

I get the shirt off quickly, and my hands immediately explore the uncharted territory. My eyes watch Nixon's face as I do so. The sounds that escape his mouth, the way he moves—it all just makes me want more.

"Upstairs," I breathed out.

I climbed off Nixon and moved toward the stairs while he scrambled to follow, leaving his shirt abandoned on the floor.

We didn't even make it down the hall before colliding once again. Lips met, hands gripped hair, and moans echoed as we descended the path.

Was this the right thing to do? Maybe not, but we were both too far invested in turning back now.

When we reached my room, the door was thrown open without care. We made our way over to the bed, where Nixon sat. My hand moved from his waist to the side of his face where his injured ear was. Nixon surprisingly leaned into my touch.

"You know, for someone who spends his entire day arguing and comes in guns blazing, throwing out commands, you're surprisingly docile."

I wasn't sure what to expect when it came to Nixon, but the side of him I was currently seeing definitely wasn't it. However, it was entirely welcomed.

Nixon rolled his eyes. "I know what I like. Sue me."

My hand moved, and I gripped his dark hair. "And what's that?"

A slight smirk took over his face. "Come find out."

And that was all it took.