Bonus 3

This is set in the future!

If you asked me, the best part of my day was the end

If you asked me, the best part of my day was the end. It was the time when work was finally over and I was able to return home. I looked forward to it; not because of sleep...well, that wasn't the only reason. It was because I knew what would be waiting for me inside.

The moment I unlocked the front door, a small pair of arms immediately swarmed me and wrapped themselves around my waist.

"You're home!" Paxton exclaimed, his dark eyes staring up at me.

To this day, it never failed to surprise me just how much both he and Palmer looked like Nixon. It shouldn't have been surprising seeing as we had used a surrogate and given Nixon's alpha genes on top of being a werewolf, it made sense that the kids would have taken after him more. Still, it seemed like every time I saw the twins, they resembled him more and more.

"Were you good today?" I asked and Paxton immediately nodded.

"I taught Zion how to ride a bike today!" He told me proudly, a wide smile breaking out on his face which revealed his two missing teeth.

"Yeah, you also forgot to teach him how to stop," Nixon said as he entered the room with Silas in his arms and Zion on his back.

"Details, details," Paxton dismissed Nixon. "You're the one who said that sometimes you have to fall down in order to learn."

Nixon scowled at the eight-year-old and I moved toward him and took Zion off his back.

"He got his attitude from you," I told Nixon with a teasing smile before turning my attention to Zion. "Are you okay, Zi? Did you get hurt?"

Zion's immediately started to nod and squirmed his way out of my arms before heading toward the couch with a visible limp. A frown formed on my face and I watched as he took a seat and pulled up his pant leg, revealing...the smallest scratch.

"He gets his dramatics from you," Nixon mocked and I rolled my eyes. "He landed in the grass. Barely got injured, but you would've thought he'd broken a leg based on the way he was whaling."

The three-year-old immediately broke into a pout. "It hurt!"

"I'm sure it did," I responded before Nixon could. I approached the couch where he sat and kneeled to his level. "Does it still hurt now?" Zion nodded and without giving him a second to react, I scooped the small child into my arms and attacked him with kisses until the room was filled with his giggles. "How about now?"

"All better!" He said, giving me a thumbs up for good measure.

"Where's my kiss?" Nixon asked from behind me.

"You can wait," I teased. "Where's Palmer and Silas?"

"They're upstairs with Goob and Stitch. They're watching Bolt!" Paxton said and I stood up and ruffled both his and Zion's hair before heading upstairs.