26

"Will you quit whining? We made it just fine

"Will you quit whining? We made it just fine."

The car stopped, and I stepped out and glanced back at Tatum, who glared fiercely at me. If looks could kill, then I'd be dead right now.

A lot of people would've been intimidated by an Alpha glaring at them or at least raise their guard, but it was Tatum, and that alone was enough of a reason for me not to do so.

Tatum eventually stepped out of the car and followed me toward the house. When we reached the front porch, I moved to grab the keys from my pockets, but Tatum's hand gripped my wrist before I could. With furrowed brows, I turned to him.

"What?"

"Give me my keys," he demanded, and I rolled my eyes but gave them to him nonetheless. "You are never driving my car again, Nixon Hart. Actually, stay away from driving altogether."

"You're dramatic. Look, your car wasn't even ruined."

Tatum shook his head. "You're like a drunk driver minus the drunk part."

I waved him off, grabbed the keys to the house, and unlocked it. I stepped inside the house with Tatum behind me. His eyes scanned across the area and then back to me.

"What?" My eyes narrowed.

"I didn't say anything."

"Your eyes did."

He shook his head. "Honestly, I'm not sure what I was expecting when you said your home, but it wasn't this."

"What is that supposed to mean?"

Tatum met my eyes, and he smiled. "It's not a bad thing. For someone so curious, it's a lot less...Nixon than I expected."

Now it was my turn to roll my eyes. "I don't see the purpose of decorating a house. Seems like an unnecessary waste of money, time, and energy."

Tatum hummed in response. "You don't spend a lot of time here, right?"

He didn't say it, but I could see where his mind was going. If I didn't spend a lot of time in my home, then what was the purpose of inviting him here? If I was constantly busy, then would it even matter if he stayed or not?

"I don't," I confirmed. "Well, didn't. There was never a reason to. But seeing as you're here, I guess I'll be spending more time in it. You're welcome."

"I'm welcome?" Tatum raised an eyebrow. "Let's not forget who made me com—"

"Unimportant, you're here already," I cut him off. "Now, let's go on that run."