52

Double Update make sure you read 51 first!

As I stared at Nixon and Eli, questions began to swarm my mind

As I stared at Nixon and Eli, questions began to swarm my mind. Why were they here? Was everything okay? I hadn't talked to anyone from the Silver Night since I left, so why were they here?

I turned to face Nicholas and the other warrior, Hanna and offered them a smile. "They'll be coming with me. Thank you for letting me know."

Out of the corner of my eye, I glanced back at Nixon. As if feeling my gaze on him, he met my stare. I shot him a look, telling him to apologize to Nicholas. He stared blankly at me, a sign of a firm no. I didn't back down, though, and after a few moments, he scowled before turning to Nicholas and Hannah.

"I'm sorry for causing you trouble," he forced out.

Hannah offered him a smile, and Nicholas simply nodded. Pleased with the apology, I gestured for him and Eli to follow Maia, Celia, and I. Maia and Celia stared at each other before turning their attention to me with raised eyebrows.

I chose to ignore those.

"We need to talk," I told Eli and Nixon. "Follow me, and I'll take you somewhere where we can speak privately."

The five of us walked through the pack. As we did so, I couldn't stop my eyes from drifting back to Nixon, who was taking everything in. His eyes examined everything in sight, which reminded me of the first time he'd showed up, and we went to eat.

Eli didn't have the same excitement on his face, which was strange, to say the least. From the way Nixon spoke about him and our limited encounters, he seemed like the type to be bouncing off the walls; however, he simply walked beside Nixon. He did seem to be looking around, but not in the same way Nixon was.

"You didn't know they were coming?" Maia questioned through our link.

"No, I haven't talked to them since I left," I responded.

After leaving, neither Nixon nor Nolan reached out, so I didn't really know what had been going on with their pack. Maia didn't respond, but her eyes kept drifting back to Eli.

When we reached the office building, all of us filed inside. Instead of going to my usual room, I opted to use the larger meeting room. When inside, I took a seat with Maia and Celia at my sides, and then Eli and Nixon sat down.

My eyes drifted to Nixon, and I frowned. "Is everything okay?"

Eli responded before Nixon could. "There was an...incident that happened recently." The words came out as if forced. He took a deep breath before continuing. "One of the gammas, Fen, was revealed to be involved in crimes such as attacking Nixon and more."