42

"Tell me what's been going on with you," Cloud demanded as a smile broke out on his face

I raised a brow. "Isn't that what I should be asking you? You're the one that's been traveling to goddess knows where."

Cloud dismissed me. "We can talk about that later. It's been forever since we talked and the last time I saw you there was that man at your house. Not to mention, I clearly haven't been the only one traveling." The mention of Nixon made me smile, and Cloud let out a laugh. "Your face says it all, Tatum."

I rolled my eyes. "Nothing big has happened. I was simply visiting another pack."

"Really?" He questioned, and I nodded. "And what about the man?"

"He was Alpha of the pack I was visiting."

"That's all he was?" Cloud's brow raised. "You're just friends?"

Far from. Friends wasn't an accurate description. Most people didn't French kiss their friends, and most people definitely didn't have sex with their friends.

"Judging by your face, clearly not," Cloud snickered.

I rolled my eyes again. "Shut up."

Cloud stared at me teasingly. "What? I'm just asking questions about what's been happening in my friend's life. Is that suddenly a crime?"

"For you, yes. Yes, it is."

Cloud shrugged. "So you're dating him?"

"Not exactly."

Cloud hummed. "Fuck buddies, then?"

A wave of distaste filled me. I didn't like that description either. "No."

Cloud tilted his head. "So, what are you?"

That was the real question.

"He's my..." my voice trailed off. "He's my Nixon?" There was a brief pause before Cloud burst into laughter, and I rolled my eyes and lightly shoved him. "Shut up."

"It's cute," Cloud shrugged once he calmed down. "So you haven't talked about labels yet."

There was a lot Nixon, and I hadn't talked about when it came to our relationship. We hadn't actually taken the time to talk about it in detail. Typically, it ended with us having sex, and while I wasn't necessarily opposed to that ending, it did cause problems when it came to understanding where each of us was currently thinking in terms of what we were.

I knew this was more than a simple fuck buddy relationship when Nixon told me that he liked me, but I didn't know just how far "like" actually went. I did know, however, that C I was definitely past the like stage. While I wouldn't go as far as to say love, I wanted to see where we went. I wanted to give this a chance. Embarrassingly enough, he took up a lot of space in my mind.